MINNEAPOLIS, Sept. 21, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Bill Baer, Principal Deputy Associate Attorney General, U.S. Department of Justice will outline U.S. Government Enforcement Trends at the Compliance and Ethics Institute, Tuesday, September 27, 2016, the Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics (SCCE) announced today.
Bill Baer's presentation on Enforcement Trends joins the following sessions added in recent weeks to the Compliance & Ethics Institute's already packed agenda.
- Cyber Threats, Information Security and Compliance: Future Trends and Leading Practices in an Evolving Threat Environment - Speakers: Pamela Passman, President and CEO and Craig Moss, COO, Center for Responsible Enterprise and Trade,
- Ethical Leadership – Speaker: Jane L. Mitchell, Director, J&M Ltd,
- Export Controls Risk: Challenges, Strategies, and Effective Management – Speakers: Brian Warshawsky, Systemwide Export Controls Officer, University of California Office of the President and Luanna Putney, Associate Chancellor and Senior Advisor to the Chancellor, University of California Merced,
- How Internal Controls Are Needed to Augment Compliance Programs – Speaker: Russ A. Berland, Partner, Dentons US LLP,
- The Ethical, Professional and Personal Challenges of Being Both a Company's Lawyer and its C&E Professional – Moderator Rebecca Walker, Partner, Kaplan & Walker LLP, Speakers: Anne Tkacs, Managing Director, Ethics and Compliance Southern Company Gas, Odell Guyton, Vise President, Global Compliance, Jabil Circuit, Inc., and Carol Helliker, Senior Vice President, Deputy General Counsel and Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer, CenterPoint Energy, Inc.,
- Top Labor and Employment Risk Areas – Speakers: Earl M. (Chip) Jones, III, Shareholder and Paul E. Bateman, Shareholder, Littler Mendelson, P.C.,
- iCare: Tyco's Compliance Liaison Program – How a Pilot Program Became a Cornerstone of the Compliance Department –Speakers: Katherine Snell, Ombudsman/Senior Manager, Compliance & Ethics, Tyco and Valerie Raye, NPD Manager – LSP, Tyco Global Supply Chain,
- Using Employee Engagement Data to Spot and Address Risk Areas – Speakers: William Kruse, Vice President Law & Counsel, Regulatory Compliance Officer and Jim Harter, Chief Scientist of International Workplace Management and Well-Being, Gallup Inc.,
- Navigating the Rough Waters of Ethics and Compliance Risks – Speakers: Helen Goodwin, Compliance & Ethics Professional and Jana Utter, Vice President Enterprise Risk Management, Centene Corporation,
- In Pursuit of Clean Earnings: Dodging an SEC Investigation or Litigation – Speaker: Susan Markel, Managing Director, AlixPartners and former Chief Accountant – Division of Enforcement, US Securities and Exchange Commission.
About the CEI
The Compliance & Ethics Institute is the primary education and networking event for professionals working in the Compliance and Ethics profession across all industries around the world. This conference features 155+ speakers, 100+ sessions, numerous networking events, and a full-day investigations workshop. The CEI offers eight learning tracks—Risk, Ethics, Compliance Lawyer, IT Compliance, Case Studies, Hot Topics/General Compliance, the International/Multi-National Track, and Advanced Discussion Groups.
The sessions offered at the Compliance & Ethics Institute not only identify the challenges, but they also point to solutions that can help create more effective compliance and ethics programs. Use this link for more information: www.complianceethicsinstitute.org.
About the SCCE
The Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics (SCCE), established in 2004, is headquartered in Minneapolis, MN. SCCE is a non-profit professional member association that serves more than 5,500 compliance and ethics professionals globally. The association provides resources and training to compliance professionals and champions ethical practices and compliance standards. Visit the SCCE website at www.corporatecompliance.org.
For general inquiries, please contact:
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/principal-deputy-associate-attorney-general--bill-baer--us-department-of-justice-to-address-the-compliance--ethics-institute-being-held-september-25-28-2016-chicago-300331312.html
SOURCE Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics