BALTIMORE, April 28, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Project management software is going through a renaissance. Long dominated by one PC era vendor, project management is being reimagined in the cloud and rendering desktop-based solutions obsolete. One company has set out to make the world's easiest to use project management software for the cloud era. TeamGantt, used in over 60 countries, stands out as the perfect solution for anyone looking for a replacement for their outdated desktop project management software. To coincide with the company's 5 year anniversary celebrations going on throughout 2015, TeamGantt is announcing the availability of new features for project managers looking to quickly assign, track and monitor projects.
TeamGantt started with the idea of providing a beautiful and easy to use project management tool for anyone who manages projects. The company's development team has maintained a relentless focus on designing project management features and functionality that project managers actually want and need to illustrate, track and manage a project schedule. With this in mind all new TeamGantt features are exceptionally intuitive to use and understand for experts and beginners alike.
Businesses of all sizes, and across many industries, prize TeamGantt's features for managing team projects. Ryan Carson, founder and CEO of Treehouse, the technology education company, is a TeamGantt customer. Mr. Carson used TeamGantt to keep his development team on track during the company's founding, "We love TeamGantt. We couldn't have launched Treehouse successfully without it!"
Mark Lamb from World Relief, an international charitable and development organization founded in 1944, uses TeamGantt to assess the workload of his team. "TeamGantt's new dashboard gives me a quick and easy snapshot of what I need to get accomplished today. When you're juggling several projects at once and have an inbox full of emails, it's a tool that really helps simplify your workload," said Mr. Lamb.
"Project managers have better things to do than spend their time learning how to use software," said Nathan Gilmore, co-founder of TeamGantt explaining the company's uncompromising focus on the end-user. "We've worked really hard to make TeamGantt the world's easiest to use project management app," continued Mr. Gilmore.
Project management software is a crucial tool in the life of any successful business. According to PwC1 research, a positive correlation exists between project management software and project performance. 87% of the most successful company projects, according to PwC, use project management software.2
New TeamGantt features immediately available to the company's customers include:
- Availability Tab – View total number of tasks and work hours assigned to every team member or team resource (such as an HTML developer or copywriter) on any day. Click on each task and be taken directly to the project. It's all available from one intuitive window, there's no clicking around through multiple screens or dropdowns.
- Dashboard – Three new options are available on the home page to help team members get a visual snapshot: My Task List, My Week View, and My Task in a Gantt. Clicking on anyone of the three (3) options makes TeamGantt even easier for non-project managers who want a quick way to track their tasks and plan their work schedule.
- List View – In addition to viewing a complete project plan in a Gantt chart, TeamGantt now offers a second visual method called a List View. Project managers will benefit from the compact nature of list views when communicating progress to management or presenting an overview to a group.
- Unified Edit Widow – Clicking on any project task presents an edit window with all information pertaining to that task, and the ability to edit each one. Fields include: completion %, start and end dates, comments, files, estimated hours, activity history and much more.
- More Colorful Gantt Charts – Gantt charts have always been the workhorse of project management, loved by beginners and experts alike for its simple design which makes understanding what's happening on a project easy and intuitive. TeamGantt has introduced 8 new colors, for a total of 16, which can now be assigned to team members, creating an incredibly fast way to visualize who is involved on the project.
TeamGantt is the easiest way to visually plan and share projects in just minutes. Built for the cloud era, the TeamGantt Web-based app delivers a simple and beautiful experience for everyone who manages projects. Co-founded by John Correlli and Nathan Gilmore outside of Baltimore, we are celebrating 5 years of making easy to use project management software with our customers in over 60 countries. Sign-up for a free trial at www.teamgantt.com and be sure to check out our We Heart PM™ project management guide at www.teamgantt.com/guide-to-project-management.
Follow us and keep up with cool project management features and tips: https://twitter.com/teamgantt