SAN FRANCISCO, March 25, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The global protein supplements market is anticipated to a market size of USD 32.6 billion by 2027, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 8.0% during the forecast period. Growing number of fitness centers, gyms, and health clubs signify the increasing inclination toward healthier lifestyle. Athletes, bodybuilders, and recreational users have been the traditional consumers over the past few years.
Key suggestions from the report:
- Animal protein supplement accounted for a market share of 67.9% in terms of revenue in 2019, owing to high popularity of whey protein supplements among athletes and bodybuilders as it contains all nine essential amino acids
- The plant-based protein segment is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 8.8% from 2020 to 2027 and is projected to reach USD 11.05 billion in 2027. Increasing incorporation of various sources, such as soy, pea, and spirulina is majorly driving the segment growth
- Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a CAGR of 8.6% from 2020 to 2027 on account of expanding middle class population, penetration of e-retaining, and gym and sports club memberships
- The protein supplement market is characterized by accreditation of the product, capacity expansion, capital expansion, and substantial investment decisions to improve the market share of manufacturers
- Some of the prominent companies present in the market are Glanbia Plc, AMCO Proteins, Quest Nutrition, NOW Foods, NBTY, MusclePharm Corp, Abbot Laboratories, Cyto Sport, IOVATE, and Transparent Labs
Read 150 page research report with ToC on "Protein Supplements Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Protein Powders, Protein Bars), By Source, By Distribution Channel, By Application, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2020 - 2027'' at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/protein-supplements-market
Increasing busy lifestyle has been leading to the growing consumption of packaged nutritional foods, such as protein bars and drinks. In addition, rising obesity concerns along with increased preference for protein-rich products to maintain health has been a key factor augmenting the product demand. The rising number of fitness enthusiasts and gym subscriptions, especially in emerging regions, such as Asia Pacific, is leading to a higher demand for protein powder to build muscles.
The plant-based protein supplements segment is expected to be the fastest growing source over the forecast period. Rising preference for plant-based diets, owing to an increasing number of individuals turning vegan, vegetarian or flexitarian is expected to drive the product demand. In addition, ascending demand for vegan and vegetarian products that provide quality nutrition without having to rely on dairy or meat products coupled with innovations in substitutes is expected to open up new growth avenues in near future.
The sports nutrition supplements segment is expected to register the fastest growth over the forecast period. Rising prevalence of health conditions, owing to hectic schedules and nature of work coupled with growing consumer awareness about the relationship between maintaining a healthy diet and exercising is anticipated to result in increased demand for sports nutritional supplements.
Asia Pacific is anticipated to register the fastest growth over the forecast period. Factors, such as rising population, and urbanization along with increased disposable income of middle class are expected to drive the regional growth. Personal ownership of wellness and health on account of growing cost of medical care and concerns regarding public health care systems and changing consumption pattern from traditional to convenient to adapt to busy lifestyles are expected to further fuel the growth.
Grand View Research has segmented the global protein supplement market based on source, product, application, distribution channel, and region:
- Protein Supplement Source Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Pumpkin Seed
- Protein Supplement Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Protein Powder
- Protein Bars
- Ready to Drink
- Protein Supplement Distribution Channel Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Online Stores
- Direct to Customers (DTC)
- Protein Supplement Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Sports Nutrition
- Functional Food
- Protein Supplement Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
Find more research reports on Nutraceuticals & Functional Foods Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Fertility Supplements Market – The global fertility supplements market size was estimated at USD 1.45 billion in 2018. It is anticipated to be driven by the declining fertility rates owing to the increase in the number of smokers.
- Activated Charcoal Supplement Market – The global activated charcoal supplement market size was valued at USD 4.2 billion in 2018 and is anticipated to expand at a healthy CAGR over the forecast period.
- Omega 3 Supplement Market – The global omega 3 supplement market size was valued at USD 33.04 billion in 2016. Rising trend towards a sedentary lifestyle among youth has resulted in the growing number of chronic diseases.
- Healthcare Personal Protective Equipment Market – Global healthcare personal protective equipment market is projected to grow at a significant rate over the forecast period owing to the rising demand for protective clothing, respiratory and hand protective gears in the medical industry to ensure employees safety and wellbeing.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.