INDIANAPOLIS, Jan. 21, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- PTS Diagnostics, the U.S.-based manufacturer of both the CardioChek® brand and the A1CNow® family of point-of-care diagnostic products, today announced that it has launched a line of capillary tubes using a new and innovative technology. The PTS Diagnostics Capillary Tubes, which provide speed, efficiency and savings -- especially for applications where exact sample volumes are required -- are now available from PTS Diagnostics' distributors around the world.
PTS Diagnostics Capillary Tubes provide better efficiency and are designed to be easier to use than traditional blood transfer tubes. Using a single glass tube with plastic casing, the PTS Diagnostics Capillary Tubes provide consistent self-wicking technology to deliver preset volumes. This improved design is perfect for blood collection needs addressing a wide range of applications across many different medical devices. In addition, the new PTS Diagnostics Capillary Tubes provide significant savings over traditional pipettes with the same or better quality.
These new PTS Diagnostics Capillary Tubes can increase efficiency in workflow by providing:
- Ease-of-use with no assembly
- One-hand blood collection and dosing
- A glass tube to ensure easy blood collection
- Bulb-squeeze dispensing technology that ensures consistent performance
- Only one item to inventory (no plunger)
"In the health screening, workplace health and physician office environments, this new design provides many advantages over traditional blood transfer tubes," said Robert Huffstodt, President and CEO of PTS Diagnostics. "PTS Diagnostics Capillary Tubes are ideal for low volume blood collection given the product's one-hand operation, no assembly and precise self-wicking collection to preset volumes. This new technology combines speed, efficiency and savings."
These new capillary tubes are designed to be easy-to-use and require little additional training.
"PTS Diagnostics is known for its lipid testing and A1C monitoring devices, however this new product will help us expand our reach across point-of-care testing as the new capillary tubes provide savings and efficiency across many tests including ABO/Rh Blood, IgE, HIV, hepatitis and various other infectious diseases to name a few," said Huffstodt.
PTS Diagnostics' handheld, highly-accurate, fast, and economical diagnostic devices empower the medical community to quickly measure HbA1c and glucose, and generate a lipid (cholesterol) profile, all at the point of care.
PTS Diagnostics' portfolio includes the following systems:
- CardioChek professional analyzers address the connection between heart attack, stroke, and diabetes by providing on-site lipid panel (total cholesterol, HDL cholesterol, and triglycerides) screening results in as little as 90 seconds and can also measure glucose. CardioChek professional analyzers calculate LDL cholesterol, the TC/HDL ratio, the LDL/HDL ratio, and non-HDL cholesterol.
- The A1CNow+ system provides healthcare professionals with a fast, easy, and accurate method of obtaining HbA1c results while the patient is in the exam room. In just five minutes, clinicians have information to provide an immediate consultation with a patient. The A1CNow+ system is critical to diabetes management and is fully reimbursable.
About PTS Diagnostics – PTS Diagnostics is a global provider of point-of-care diagnostic products to the healthcare industry. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, PTS Diagnostics designs, manufactures, and markets products for distribution in over 120 countries around the world. The company has sales offices in Europe, Latin America, and the Pacific Rim. PTS Diagnostics' products include both the CardioChek systems and A1CNow systems.
All trademarks used or mentioned in this release are protected by law.
For more information, visit www.ptsdiagnostics.com
SOURCE PTS Diagnostics