DENVER, Nov. 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The Pulse Beverage Corporation ( OTCQB: PLSB), makers of Natural Cabana® Lemonades, Limeades and Coconut Waters, and PULSE® Heart & Body Health functional beverages, today provided the following update on its recent corporate development and achievements for the third quarter ended September 30, 2014.
Business Highlights for Third Quarter 2014:
- Partnership with Smashburger to enter into the multi-billion dollar food business. Natural Cabana® Lemonade now available at all 265 Smashburger locations nationwide;
- Expanded international presence into Mexico through launching a wholly-owned subsidiary in Mexico, Pulse Beverage S.A headed by Carlos Villarreal and his team, Borrega Consulting. Mr Villareal is known for the introduction and distribution of Monster Energy Drink® in Mexico in 2004 as he led the expansion across all of Mexico up until June 2010;
- Secured deal with major national distributor of high end beverages, Unique Foods, to distribute Pulse's Natural Cabana® Coconut Water throughout Canada. Unique Foods is a leading importer of premium beverage brands such as: Stewart's Old Fashioned Sodas, Cascade Ice™, Hype Energy™, AQUAhydrate™ and ACTIVATE® Vitamin Drinks;
- During the last few months Pulse has received approved listings at nationally recognized chain stores to carry our brands in more than 2,500 additional stores;
- Pulse has received authorization to sell into a "big box" national chain store, with manager approval. To date Pulse has been approved in more than 250 of these stores.
Bob Yates, Chief Executive Officer said, "We achieved significant operational progress during the third quarter of 2014, which we believe establishes a stronger foundation for the remainder of the year and into 2015. Our lemonades and limeades are performing well and are now being sold in more than 20,000 stores and our coconut waters are sold in more than 5,000 stores. Our PULSE® Heart & Body Health functional beverages, originally developed by Baxter Healthcare, will be marketed in a new, non-gender-specific formulation later this month. We believe the new formulation will have a significantly wider consumer appeal."
Mr. Yates continued, "During the quarter, our Canadian distributor, Unique Foods, showcased our Natural Cabana® Coconut Water at two trade shows: CHFA Natural Foods Show in Toronto on September 13th and 14th and Grocery Innovations Show in Toronto on September 28th and 29th. We were able to generate some good traction from the exposure we received from these tradeshows and many major groceries, health and nutrition retailers have already taken on the product and/or approved a listing for 2015. We have also spent a great deal of time to wrap up the development and re-formatting of our highly anticipated Pulse® Heart and Body Health functional beverages which are due to be launched very soon. With the progress we are making, Pulse is quickly emerging as a leader in the beverage industry. We are confident in the delivery and execution of our product launch, continued sales and marketing strategies and look forward to communicating more progress on this with our shareholders."
About The Pulse Beverage Corporation
Pulse Beverage Corporation is an emerging beverage company that offers a line of great tasting, refreshing, low-calorie natural drinks, including Natural Cabana® Lemonade and Limeade, Natural Cabana® Coconut Water and Pineapple Coconut Water, and PULSE® Heart and Body Health functional beverages. Combining all-natural ingredients, essential vitamins and minerals, Pulse's line of beverages provides consumers with high-quality, healthy alternatives at a reasonable price. For more information, please visit: www.pulsebeverage.com or email [email protected].
This news release contains "forward-looking statements" as that term is defined in Section 27A of the United States Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. Statements in this press release which are not purely historical are forward-looking statements, including, but not limited to, introducing the re-formulated Pulse brand of functional drinks by mid-year, the successful rollout of the new coconut water line and any statements regarding beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future. Actual results could differ from those projected in any forward-looking statements due to numerous factors. Such factors include, among others, the inherent uncertainties associated with new projects and development stage companies. These forward-looking statements are made as of the date of this news release, and the company assumes no obligation to update the forward-looking statements, or to update the reasons why actual results could differ from those projected in the forward-looking statements. Although management believes that any beliefs, plans, expectations and intentions contained in this press release are reasonable, there can be no assurance that any such beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions will prove to be accurate. Investors should consult all of the information set forth herein and should also refer to the risk factors disclosure outlined in the company's annual report on Form 10-K for the most recent fiscal year, quarterly reports on Form 10-Q and other periodic reports filed from time-to-time with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
SOURCE Pulse Beverage Corporation