WHITE PLAINS, N.Y., April 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Privilege Underwriters Reciprocal Exchange (PURE), the policyholder-owned property/casualty insurer that exclusively caters to high net worth individuals and families, has announced that it will begin accepting new members (policyholders) in Colorado. To kick off their launch, this month PURE has initiated a multi-channel media campaign to help introduce Colorado families to a new level of coverage and service available to them in the market.
A Smart New Solution for Colorado's High Net Worth Families
PURE specializes in meeting the needs of successful families, and offers coverage and service that is often broader than that offered by standard carriers. As a policyholder-owned company, PURE emphasizes transparency and alignment and is managed for the benefit of its membership. For example, as part of PURE's capital management strategy, PURE credits underwriting profits back to its membership in the form of Subscriber Savings Accounts. This alignment of interests, coupled with careful selection of members and a focus on risk management, enables PURE to deliver quality coverage and a higher level of service for less. Since PURE began writing policies in 2007, members have reported an average annual savings of more than 25% on their insurance premiums.*
A Unique Approach to Coverage and Service
In 2012, due to natural disasters like the Waldo Canyon fire and catastrophic hailstorms, thousands of families in Colorado faced extensive damage to their homes and property. In the most severe cases, families that suffered total losses were forced to rebuild their homes from the ground up. Upon reviewing their losses, homeowners looked to their insurance providers for coverage and service to help them rebuild.
"Natural disasters pose a unique set of challenges to homeowners, and it's in circumstances like these that families often take a closer look at how their insurance responds," said Ross Buchmueller, President and Chief Executive Officer with PURE. "PURE offers the coverages and services that are imperative for Colorado's most successful families seeking to protect their extraordinary homes."
PURE is committed to helping members better protect their property to decrease the likelihood of a claim, and features a team of Member AdvocatesSM, who are on hand to assist members before, during and after a loss.
PURE's Member Advocates offer members a number of proactive risk management services, including complimentary home risk appraisals, thermographic inspections and domestic employee background checks.
PURE members can also benefit from:
- Guaranteed Replacement Cost coverage, which pays for homeowners to rebuild their home in like kind and quality, even if the cost to do so exceeds policy limits;
- Generous Additional Living Expenses coverage, which provides the funds necessary for a displaced family to reside in a home that meets their normal standard of living while their home is being repaired or rebuilt;
- Wildfire Mitigation Program, in which PURE partner Firebreak Spray Systems will assess a property's vulnerability to wildfires and apply Phos-Chek® Long-Term Fire Retardant if necessary;
- Loss Prevention Allowance, in which PURE will contribute $2,500 to help members who have suffered major losses prevent similar losses from recurring;
- Expertise from local agents, who are appointed based on their experience helping high net worth individuals find smart insurance solutions. Prospective PURE members can visit pureinsurance.com/agents to locate an appointed agent in their area.
For promotional purposes, PURE refers to the members of the PURE Group of Insurance Companies. PURE Group is rated "A-" (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company. Insurance coverage is underwritten through Privilege Underwriters Reciprocal Exchange, a Florida-domiciled reciprocal insurance exchange and member of the PURE Group. PURE provides coverage for high-value homes, automobiles, jewelry, art, personal liability and watercraft to 20,000 successful families in 41 markets across the U.S.andis committed to helping its members (policyholders) reduce the price of insurance today while controlling their long-term cost of risk. In return for a fee, PURE Risk Management, LLC acts as Attorney-in-Fact for PURE. For more information, visit pureinsurance.com.
This material is descriptive only. The precise coverage offered is subject to the terms and conditions of the policies issued. The rights and responsibilities of members are subject to the Subscriber's Agreement and Power of Attorney. Coverage may not be available in all jurisdictions. *Average savings based on members countrywide who reported savings to PURE since 2010. Actual savings, if any, will vary.