NEW YORK, April 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- IDC has named PwC a Leader in Enterprise Architecture consulting services according to the analyst firm's recently published report, "IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Enterprise Architecture Consulting 2012 Vendor Analysis." Additionally, PwC was named a Major Player in Datacenter Transformation consulting services in the report, "IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Datacenter Transformation Consulting 2012 Vendor Analysis." The reports are based on a vendor analysis model designed to provide an overview of the competitive fitness of suppliers in the information and communications technology market.
According to IDC, PwC is recognized as achieving a "Leader" classification in Enterprise Architecture (EA) services for the following reasons:
- "PwC, a global network of firms, can respond effectively and quickly to a wide variety of client needs, leveraging both local resources and a large network of EAs and technology subject matter experts across major regions and countries."
- "PwC's EA practitioners have excellent business skills across industry sectors and front, middle, and back-office business functions, each underpinned by very strong technology expertise in areas such as ERP, CRM, mobile, collaboration, integration, information management, SDLC, infrastructure (including cloud), security, and IT change management."
IDC named PwC a "Major Player" in Datacenter Transformation consulting services noting the firm's capabilities in datacenter technologies and methodologies:
- "PwC's datacenter transformation team provides end-to-end solutions to help its clients solve their complex business problems and create lasting value by delivering enterprise infrastructure strategy, planning, engineering, implementation, and operational support services."
- "PwC's practitioners are experienced in datacenter technologies as well as methodologies and solutions accelerators that have been matured and honed over thousands of client engagements."
- "PwC offers a vendor-agnostic perspective to meet its clients demanding global business requirements related to the following capabilities: data center transformation, IT service management, mobility, network optimization, cloud technologies, and disaster recovery....leveraging flexible staffing models that incorporate local or globally sourced practitioners."
"We are committed to assisting our clients in enhancing and leveraging IT, Cloud, and emerging IT infrastructure challenges such as mobility and the consumerization of IT to enable business transformation that maximizes value and fosters growth and innovation," said Tom DeGarmo, principal and Technology Consulting Leader at PwC. "Both IDC MarketScape reports reflect our client-centric approach to providing quality service and deep industry experience to help organizations design and implement innovative Enterprise Architectures, and manage their IT infrastructure and data centers to create a competitive advantage in today's global market."
About IDC MarketScape
The IDC MarketScape vendor analysis model is designed to provide an overview of the competitive fitness of ICT (information and communications technology) suppliers in a given market. The research methodology utilizes a rigorous scoring methodology based on both qualitative and quantitative criteria that results in a single graphical illustration of each vendor's position within a given market. IDC MarketScape provides a clear framework in which the product and service offerings, capabilities and strategies, and current and future market success factors of IT and telecommunications vendors can be meaningfully compared. The framework also provides technology buyers with a 360-degree assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of current and prospective vendors.
IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Enterprise Architecture Consulting 2012 Vendor Analysis (IDC#233918), March 2012
IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Datacenter Transformation Consulting 2012 Vendor Analysis (IDC#233919), March 2012
About PwC's Advisory Practice
PwC's Advisory professionals help organizations improve business performance, respond quickly and effectively to crisis, and extract value from transactions. We understand our clients' industries and unique business challenges, and look across the entire organization — focusing on strategy, structure, people, process and technology — to help clients build their next competitive advantage. See http://www.pwc.com/us/consulting for more information.
About the PwC Network
PwC firms help organizations and individuals create the value they're looking for. We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. Tell us what matters to you and find out more by visiting us at www.pwc.com.
© 2012 PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, a Delaware limited liability partnership. All rights reserved. PwC refers to the US member firm, and may sometimes refer to the PwC network. Each member firm is a separate legal entity. Please see www.pwc.com/structure for further details.