REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Aug. 1, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Qualys, Inc. (NASDAQ: QLYS), a pioneer and leading provider of cloud-based security and compliance solutions, today announced that it has entered into an asset purchase agreement with Nevis Networks, pursuant to which Qualys will acquire certain assets of Nevis Networks in a cash transaction. This asset purchase is expected to provide significant domain expertise in passive scanning technologies and allow Qualys to accelerate its move into the adjacent market of mitigation and response at endpoints.
Nevis has built a series of high performance security products that extend similar levels of protection found in the perimeter to all users on enterprise LANs. These solutions allow enterprises to share network access to managed (employees) and unmanaged users (guests, contractors, customers) whilst providing the necessary control required by compliance and regulatory bodies. Nevis' highly scalable and cost-effective solutions are seamlessly integrated into the policy infrastructure of the network.
"This transaction will enable the strengthening of Qualys' technology stack and commercial presence in India, which represent a significant market opportunity," said Philippe Courtot, chairman and CEO, Qualys, Inc. "Nevis Networks has built a series of high performance and low-cost network traffic analysis tools that help enterprises enforce network access control to business applications based on policy, which Qualys will natively integrate into the Qualys Cloud Platform. In essence this acquisition helps us to strengthen our forthcoming passive scanning offering and accelerate our entrance into the adjacent market of mitigation and response."
About Nevis Networks Technologies
- Nevis EndPoint Security Solution is an appliance solution providing automated endpoint compliance, user authentication, quarantining, guest user provisioning and management and comprehensive reporting features. The solution works to ensure that all endpoints in the organization are compliant with respect to organizational policies. Nevis Network Admission Control (NAC), via an agent, can scan every endpoint in the organization to remediate or quarantine such an endpoint using vlan switching of downstream switches. Nevis NAC participates in the user authentication process and allows access to the network only after successful authentication using vlan switching techniques. Users can use various devices such as desktops, laptops, handheld devices like smartphones, etc. to access the network.
- Nevis' Identity-driven LAN Security is designed to provide complete protection for enterprise networks and the users on the network. The first step towards comprehensive LAN security is the verification of the user endpoint for compliance. Nevis checks the endpoint to ensure anti-virus and windows patches are up to date. Nevis then participates in the user's authentication and authorization to the network (such as Active Directory) and then maintains a mapping of MAC address, IP address and user credentials. This is used by Nevis to enforce network access control to enterprise applications based on the policies assigned to the user within the policy infrastructure.
Qualys expects the transaction to close during the third quarter of 2017. Nevis Networks is based in Pune, India and will be integrated with Qualys' existing Pune operation. The acquisition will incorporate Nevis's engineering team into Qualys' Pune offices. Qualys will continue to support existing Nevis Network customers and sell their products and solutions in India.
- Follow Qualys on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Read more about the Qualys Cloud Platform
- Read more about Nevis Networks' vision and technologies.
Qualys, Inc. (NASDAQ: QLYS) is a pioneer and leading provider of cloud-based security and compliance solutions with over 9,300 customers in more than 120 countries, including a majority of each of the Forbes Global 100 and Fortune 100. Qualys helps organizations streamline and consolidate their security and compliance solutions in a single platform and build security into digital transformation initiatives for greater agility, better business outcomes and substantial cost savings. The Qualys Cloud Platform and its integrated Cloud Apps deliver businesses critical security intelligence continuously, enabling them to automate the full spectrum of auditing, compliance and protection for IT systems and web applications on premises, on endpoints and elastic clouds. Founded in 1999 as one of the first SaaS security companies, Qualys has established strategic partnerships with leading managed service providers and consulting organizations including Accenture, BT, Cognizant Technology Solutions, Deutsche Telekom, Fujitsu, HCL Technologies, HP Enterprise, IBM, Infosys, NTT, Optiv, SecureWorks, Tata Communications, Verizon and Wipro. The company is also a founding member of the Cloud Security Alliance. For more information, please visit www.qualys.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements, within the meaning of the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, that involve risks and uncertainties including, among other things, statements regarding the asset acquisition and its facilitation of the delivery of new products, features and functionality, as well as its acceleration of Qualys' entry into adjacent markets. These forward-looking statements are only predictions and may differ materially from actual results due to a variety of factors, including the effects of the highly competitive market in which we operate, including competition from much larger technology companies; any inability to successfully develop and introduce new products, features, and services or enhance existing products and services; product liability issues, security breaches or other defects; and other factors discussed under the heading "Risk Factors" in our most recent report on Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. All forward-looking statements contained herein are based on information available to us as of the date hereof and we do not assume any obligation to update these statements as a result of new information or future events.
SOURCE Qualys, Inc.