Thursday, October 27, 2011, 8:15 – 9:45 A.M. EDT
CMS Administrator Berwick Highlights Medicare Preventive Services, Extended Enrollment Period
WASHINGTON, Oct. 26, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- On Thursday, October 27, 2011, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Administrator Donald Berwick, M.D., will be available for live or taped radio interviews to discuss Open Enrollment – now through December 7 – and how Medicare beneficiaries can compare health plans to find better coverage and lower costs. He will also discuss improvements to Medicare benefits and services as a result of the Affordable Care Act. Specific topics will include:
- The extended, earlier Open Enrollment period, which runs from October 15 through December 7
- The online Plan Finder tool and other resources that help seniors choose the plan that best meets their unique needs
- Star-based quality ratings which help seniors choose the best-rated Medicare plans
- Better benefits, including free preventive screenings, an annual wellness visit and 50 percent discount on prescription drugs while in the donut hole
- Decreases in Medicare Advantage premiums
About Dr. Donald Berwick: Dr. Donald M. Berwick is Administrator for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). Dr. Berwick oversees the Medicare, Medicaid and Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP). Together, these programs provide care to nearly one in three Americans.
- What is Open Enrollment and how is it different this year?
- What should beneficiaries look for when comparing plans? What resources are available to help?
- What are some of the benefits that Medicare beneficiaries will enjoy in the coming year?
- How do costs for plans compare to last year?
WHO: Donald Berwick, M.D. – Administrator, CMS
WHAT: CMS Medicare Open Enrollment Radio Media Tour
WHEN: Thursday, October 27, 2011
8:15 – 9:45 A.M. EDT
Dr. Berwick is available for live or taped interviews during this time period.
SOURCE Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services