FORT WORTH, Texas, Dec. 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- RadioShack will open its newest Fairfax location as a concept store on Saturday, Dec. 14 at 9 a.m. RadioShack has been a part of the Fairfax community for more than 40 years since its first location opened in 1973. The new store is the first concept store in this area and can be found in Fairfax Center II at 11199 Lee Highway.
All concept stores in the company's portfolio feature an upgraded shopping experience, which showcases the company's new look, and incorporates interactive areas designed to help shoppers improve their technology profile. Some features include:
- A speaker wall where customers can shop and compare 13 different speakers using music installed on in-store tablets;
- Interactive displays that enable shoppers to find and compare products, including headphone demo stations where they can listen to leading brands like SOL REPUBLIC, Skullcandy and Beats by Dr. Dre; a remote control (RC) toy exploration center; and a GoPro camera display demonstrating the capabilities of several models of GoPro cameras;
- Technology that makes shopping interesting and playful, like touchscreens and apps that help shoppers understand the benefits of products;
- Newly configured displays highlighting in-demand brands like Apple, HTC and Samsung, as well as mobile carriers such as AT&T, Sprint and Verizon;
- Helpful, informative RadioShack staff who can answer shoppers' questions about hundreds of products and services, and direct customers to the items that meet their specific needs; and
- A Do-It-Yourself area where consumers can plan projects.
RadioShack is opening a select number of these highly experiential stores in neighborhoods throughout the nation. The Fairfax location is one of more than a dozen concept stores to open since the company began converting to such stores. These new stores reflect the company's strides toward reinvigorating its stores, revamping its product assortment and repositioning the brand. By the end of 2013, RadioShack will have more than 100 concept and brand statement stores open and will have made improvements to nearly all 4,300 stores throughout the nation.
Neighbors are invited to come see the newer, brighter RadioShack and take advantage of holiday deals on top brand products such as the Samsung Galaxy S4 for $49.99 with a qualifying 2-year plan. Also, shop online or stop by your local store to receive $10 back for every $50 you spend.
About RadioShack Corporation
RadioShack (NYSE: RSH) is a leading national retailer of innovative mobile technology products and services, as well as products related to personal and home technology and power supply needs. RadioShack® offers consumers a targeted assortment of wireless phones and other electronic products and services from leading national brands, exclusive private brands and major wireless carriers, all within a comfortable and convenient shopping environment. RadioShack employs approximately 30,000 knowledgeable and helpful sales experts globally. RadioShack's retail network includes approximately 4,300 company-operated stores in the United States, more than 270 company-operated stores in Mexico, and approximately 1,000 dealer and other outlets worldwide. For more information on RadioShack Corporation, please visit www.radioshackcorporation.com; to purchase items online, please visit www.radioshack.com. RadioShack® is a registered trademark licensed by RadioShack Corporation.
News Media Contact: Media Relations, +1-817-415-3300, Media.Relations@RadioShack.com
SOURCE RadioShack Corporation