FORT WORTH, Texas, Oct. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- A new "retro" RadioShack opens Wednesday, Oct. 30 at noon in the new Commerce Building in Sundance Square in downtown Fort Worth, Texas. The tenth RadioShack concept store open nationwide, this all new location was custom-designed for Fort Worth.
One of the first businesses to open in Sundance Square's Commerce Building at 400 Commerce Street, this 2,357-square-foot custom RadioShack features a mid-century modern feel. Every detail has been tailored to honor RadioShack's hometown and its technology-rich history.
"We are thrilled to open our first and only custom concept store in Fort Worth, our home, and where so much of our spirit of innovation and customer service originates," said Joe Magnacca, chief executive officer of RadioShack. "Sundance Square provides an amazing location for this completely unique shopping experience, and we invite those who work, play and visit downtown Fort Worth to come and experience the new RadioShack."
All concept stores in the company's portfolio feature an upgraded shopping experience, which in this case has been customized to the location's unique retro-modern style. These features include:
- A speaker wall where customers can shop and compare 13 different speakers using music installed on in-store tablets or played from their own Bluetooth-enabled mobile devices;
- Interactive displays that enable shoppers to find and compare products, including headphone demo stations where they can listen to leading brands like SOL REPUBLIC, Skullcandy and Beats by Dr. Dre; a remote control (RC) toy exploration center; and a GoPro camera display demonstrating the capabilities of several models of GoPro cameras;
- Technology that makes shopping interesting and playful, like touchscreens and apps that help shoppers understand the benefits of products;
- Newly configured displays highlighting in-demand brands like Apple, HTC and Samsung, as well as mobile carriers such as AT&T, Sprint and Verizon;
- Helpful, informative RadioShack staff who can answer shoppers' questions about hundreds of products and services, and direct customers to the items that meet their specific needs; and
- A Do-It-Yourself area where consumers can plan projects.
Features unique to this location include:
- Brand evolution banners line the outside of the store with logos dating from 1921 to present day;
- Interactive projections at the entrance and inside where movement sweeps away the retro RadioShack logo to reveal the new logo introduced in July 2013;
- Historical videos in store windows highlighting the heritage of RadioShack and Fort Worth history with footage graciously provided by local organizations including the Fort Worth Convention & Visitors Bureau;
- One-of-a-kind interior design features including elements of a "radio shack" – a ship's communication center and inspiration for the brand – at the checkout counter as well as retro product displayed throughout the store; and
- Custom Fort Worth uniform shirts featuring a retro logo.
Grand Opening Events Under-Way
RadioShack will proudly participate in Sundance Square's Opening Weekend Celebration from Friday – Sunday, November 1 – 3, 2013. In the Plaza, the company will provide cell phone charging stations and hand out coupons for $10 off your qualifying purchase of $40 or more. Look for the RadioShack table and banner just inside the Plaza entry on Commerce.
Just steps away at Commerce and 3rd, RadioShack will add to the celebration at the new store with coupons, giveaways and an event photographer taking a series of images that become animated to help guests commemorate the occasion.
RadioShack Revitalizes Numerous Dallas – Fort Worth Area Stores
The Sundance Square store joins the Montgomery Plaza store as the second concept store to open in Fort Worth; however, concept stores are only part of the story.
- RadioShack's nationwide efforts to update its stores began locally in May at the company's Camp Bowie Boulevard store, which has served as a "living lab" environment;
- By this weekend, more than 70 DFW locations will finish a major reset that includes new paint and an all-new internal sign package;
- All DFW locations have completed a merchandise update designed to deliver a better shopping experience and make room for new products in growing categories; and
- In November, all area stores will receive their holiday window graphics, in-store displays and new product assortment – including the season's hottest RC vehicles, many of which are RadioShack exclusives – such as the return of the company's XMODs custom RC cars.
In addition to reflecting the company's commitment to the area, these changes reflect the company's strides toward reinvigorating its stores, revamping its product assortment and repositioning the brand. By the end of 2013, RadioShack will have more than 100 concept and brand statement stores open and will have made improvements to nearly all 4,300 stores throughout the nation.
About RadioShack Corporation
RadioShack (NYSE: RSH) is a leading national retailer of innovative mobile technology products and services, as well as products related to personal and home technology and power supply needs. RadioShack® offers consumers a targeted assortment of wireless phones and other electronic products and services from leading national brands, exclusive private brands and major wireless carriers, all within a comfortable and convenient shopping environment. RadioShack employs approximately 30,000 knowledgeable and helpful sales experts globally. RadioShack's retail network includes approximately 4,300 company-operated stores in the United States, 270 company-operated stores in Mexico, and approximately 1,000 dealer and other outlets worldwide. For more information on RadioShack Corporation, please visit www.radioshackcorporation.com; to purchase items online, please visit www.radioshack.com. RadioShack® is a registered trademark licensed by RadioShack Corporation.
News Media Contact: Media Relations, +1-817-415-3300, [email protected]
SOURCE RadioShack Corporation