BOULDER, Colo., April 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Rally® (NYSE: RALY), a leading global provider of cloud-based solutions for managing Agile software development, announces a series of free webcasts throughout April and May that discusses many of the key principles and practices covered in the company's forthcoming book -- Agile Business: A Leader's Guide to Harnessing Complexity. In anticipation of the book's June 2013 release at RallyON (Rally's annual user conference), these webcasts offer real-world advice from seasoned Agile experts to help organizations build Agile businesses.
"Agile Business is more than just a savvy guide to the ins and outs of the Agile development process," said Geoffrey Moore, author, Crossing the Chasm. "It is a call to take your game up to a new level where customers are not only satisfied but delighted and where work teams are not only productive but inspired."
Agile Business focuses on Agile from a business perspective, aiming to help readers understand and apply the principles across their organizations. It contains real-world advice from 35 Rally coaches, executives, developers and managers who are widely regarded as thought leaders in Agile and Lean practices.
"If businesses want to become more Agile, they need to throw out the notion that these concepts only apply to the IT department. Agile is about cross-organizational collaboration and communication," said Bob Gower, Agile coach and author of Agile Business. "At Rally, we live and breathe Agile and our goal, through our book and this webcast series, is to turn our ideas, wisdom and years of experience into practical advice that leaders of any sized company can easily apply to their entire business."
In these 45-minute webinars, participants will:
- Learn how to apply Agile principles to build and create products customers love
- Understand best practices for building products right the first time
- Discover how Agile managers cultivate cultures of vulnerability and allow people to pursue their passions
- Identify how to build flexible and transparent processes to dynamically steer their organizations through changing business conditions
- Learn how to create a culture of excellence where there are better products, happier employees and a healthier bottom line
Agile Business webcasts will be held every other Friday at 10:00 a.m. ET until May 31, 2013, with a few of the authors. See the full schedule including information about each webcast's host below:
Watch these archived video webcasts:
- April 5, 2013 Build the Right Thing with Chief Technologist Zach Nies
- April 19, 2013 Build the Thing Right with Transformation Consultant Eric Willeke
Sign up at http://www.rallydev.com/agilebook for these May webcasts and receive pre-release chapters of Agile Business, as well as a complimentary copy of the book on release day:
- May 3, 2013 People, not Resources with Agile Fellow Jean Tabaka and Corporate Facilitator Laura Burke
- May 17, 2013 Agile Steering with Transformation Consultant Ken Clyne
- May 31, 2013 Transform Your Organization with Solutions Evangelist Ronica Roth
Rally Software is a leading global provider of cloud-based solutions for managing Agile software development. The Rally Agile application lifecycle management (ALM) platform transforms the way organizations manage the software development lifecycle by closely aligning software development and strategic business objectives, facilitating collaboration, increasing transparency and automating manual processes. Companies use Rally to accelerate the pace of innovation, improve productivity and more effectively adapt to rapidly changing customer needs and competitive dynamics. Rally supports 154,000 paid users and more than 1,000 customers, including 34 of the Fortune 100 companies.
Rally, the Rally logo, and Rally Software Development are trademarks of Rally Software Development Corp. Third-party trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Rally Software