BOULDER, Colo., June 14 /PRNewswire/ -- Rally®, the leader in Agile application lifecycle management (ALM), today announced that it has been named to the SD Times 100 list for the fourth consecutive year. The SD Times 100, 2010, "A Noble Gathering of Leaders," published in the June 1 issue of BZ Media's SD Times, honors companies, individuals and non-commercial organizations who have "significantly influenced the software development industry" during the past calendar year.
"The software development industry is led by innovative companies like Rally Software," said Alan Zeichick, Editorial Director of BZ Media's SD Times. "Year after year, Rally has shown true leadership in Agile Lifecycle Management, significantly impacting the field of software development, and helping organizations cut the time, cost and effort associated with delivering high-quality applications."
In addition to delivering speed-to-market benefits of Agile practices to development organizations during 2009, Rally also:
- Debuted the first ALM data warehouse in the cloud, letting organizations build the custom roll-up and drill-down reports needed to focus teams on the most important issues of the business and identify root causes of waste in their processes.
- Added an additional seven fully supported integrations with top open source and enterprise development tools to make it easy for Rally to be the single source of record for status, progress and quality of our customer's product portfolio.
- Introduced social media tools and online project rooms for improving collaboration among distributed teams. Role-based dashboards filter vast amounts of information available throughout the development lifecycle down to what each team member needs to be productive.
- Implemented high-ranking feature ideas generated from its award-winning online user community, Agile Commons, including a customizable user interface for the backlog page that is being rolled out throughout the application.
- Organized the Agile Success Tour in 11 cities, a series of half-day seminars for software and IT leaders who are currently adopting or considering Agile development practices.
"We're honored to be recognized for the fourth time by the editors at SD Times," said Ryan Martens, founder and CTO of Rally Software. "I'm certainly very proud of our company and our customers. But we're not satisfied. The opportunity to help companies get leaner and more responsive is huge. These are exciting times to be working in technology and the best years are ahead of us."
Judged by the editors of SD Times, the SD Times 100 recognizes the top innovators and leaders in multiple areas of the software development industry. It recognizes companies, individuals and non-commercial organizations for their innovation and leadership in the field of software development. The SD Times 100 was published in the June 1, 2010, issue of BZ Media's SD Times magazine and on the publication's web site at http://bit.ly/SDTimes100.
Rally is the leader in Agile application lifecycle management (ALM) dedicated to making distributed development organizations faster and leaner by dramatically cutting the time, cost and effort needed to deliver high quality applications. According to a study by QSM Associates, software-driven companies that rely on Rally's Agile ALM products and services are 50% faster to market and 25% more productive than industry averages. Rally's products were honored with four consecutive Jolt awards (the software industry's equivalent of the Oscar® award) in 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009. The company's end-to-end solutions for Agile development also include Agile University, the leading source for Agile training, and Agile Commons, the largest collaborative Web 2.0 community dedicated to advancing software agility. Rally currently supports more than 2,100 corporate customers, 58,000 projects and 96,000 users in 60 countries. For more information, visit www.rallydev.com.
About SD Times
BZ Media LLC® (www.bzmedia.com) is a high-tech media company combining the best of print and Web-based publishing, offering industry-leading magazines, newspapers, Web sites and conferences.
BZ Media's SD Times® (www.sdtimes.com) is the twice-monthly newspaper of record for the software development industry. SD Times reaches more than 60,000 subscribers in 131 countries. SD Times was recognized by Media Business Magazine as the fastest-growing IT publication in 2007.
Rally, the Rally logo and Rally Software Development are trademarks of Rally Software Development Corp. Oscar is a registered trademark of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. Third-party trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Rally Software