FRAMINGHAM, Mass., June 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Rave Mobile Safety (Rave), the trusted partner for campus and public safety, today marked the start of NENA 2013 by announcing that the rapid national expansion of Smart911 continued throughout the first half of 2013. The public safety service - now deployed across 31 states - provides additional protection for more than 11 million citizens during emergency situations. Smart911 allows citizens to create a free online Safety Profile, which automatically displays to participating public safety answering points (PSAPs) when a 9-1-1 call is placed, enabling emergency responders to arrive at the right location, with the right personnel and the right equipment.
Smart911 highlights for the first six months of 2013 include:
- Continued expansion in states where Smart911 was previously installed, attesting to its value. Coverage grew to 12 counties in Florida alone.
- Significant growth of strategic partnerships with Intrado joining AT&T and TCS in utilizing Smart911's additional data to improve emergency communications.
- Introduction of Smart911Connect, a platform for easily integrating other data sources into the 9-1-1 call flow on both existing and NG9-1-1 infrastructures.
- A partnership with In Case of Emergency Standard, providers of the foremost emergency medical contact information app for smartphones. By integrating the services, millions of users can make their medical information available to responders on-site via their smartphone, with the data automatically delivered to dispatchers with an emergency call to a Smart911 supported PSAP.
- Conducted successful "Face of Smart911" campaign, engaging hundreds of citizens in a contest to share their photos and Smart911 stories.
- The Second Annual Smart Telecommunicator Awards honored five U.S. 9-1-1 call-takers.
- Rave hosted the Fourth Annual Smart911 Charter 50 Summit, bringing together 9-1-1 operational and technical leaders to share best-practices and help in developing effective procedures for use of additional data in emergency communications. The Keynote was delivered by Smart911 customer, Maureen Will, Director of Newtown Emergency Communications in Connecticut.
- SmartPrepare, the emergency management adjunct to Smart911, adopted by agencies in five states.
- Completed state-wide Smart911 initiative in Arkansas and expanded with deployment of SmartPrepare at the state level.
- Launched new Smart911 citizen registration portal offering an improved mobile experience.
- Rave executives spoke at more than ten industry conferences and events in the first few months of the year alone.
- Rave executives invited to join Advisory Board of the Denise Amber Lee Foundation. Smart911 also honored by Arkansas Deaf & Hard of Hearing Association.
- Most importantly, Smart911 continued to deliver life-saving data to first responders in 31 states for the protection of millions of citizens.
"Smart911 provides our residents and visitors with a way to be more proactive about their family's safety," said the Director of Grand Traverse County 911 Central Dispatch, Jamel Anderson, when Smart911 expanded into Michigan in May. "During an emergency, it can be very chaotic and people may panic. By giving people the ability to provide details that 9-1-1 and responders may need prior to an emergency, we can immediately relay critical information to better assist them."
"The Chicagoland Chapter of Autism Speaks strives to provide information and resources to families touched by autism, which is why we support services like Smart911," said the Executive Director of Autism Speaks Chicagoland Chapter, Liz Klug. "The opportunity to provide very detailed information for 9-1-1 and response teams can make all the difference between life and death in emergency situations involving individuals with autism. We support and encourage the efforts to make services of these types available to all families in Illinois."
Smart911 Safety Profiles can contain information about individuals and family members, a residence and even pets, including details on medical conditions, disabilities and/or special needs, children's photos, home addresses of cell phone callers, bedroom locations and other pertinent details. Smart911 automatically delivers this information to PSAPs when a 9-1-1 call is made from any phone in a Safety Profile, allowing personnel "in the field" to have critical details that facilitate emergency response. Because it is a national system, once a Smart911 Safety Profile has been created, it can be delivered with an emergency call in any area of the country if the local 9-1-1 PSAP is supported by Smart911.
"Across the country, public safety officials and citizens continue to realize Smart911 offers a new level of protection," said Tom Axbey, CEO of Rave Mobile Safety. "While we are very encouraged by our further growth, more importantly, we are heartened by the examples of how Smart911 is supporting emergency responders and helping to avert tragedy. We remain committed to working with public safety leaders and ushering in a new era in emergency communications."
Introduced less than three years ago, Smart911 has grown rapidly and now helps emergency responders across 31 states and more than 350 municipalities to protect millions.
About Rave Mobile Safety
Rave Mobile Safety is the most trusted software partner for campus and public safety. Used by leading institutes of higher education and state and local agencies, the award-winning portfolio of Rave SafeCampus, Rave Alert, Rave Guardian, Eyewitness, Smart911 and SmartPrepare enables millions to feel safe, secure and connected. Rave Mobile Safety is headquartered in Framingham, MA. For more information, please visit http://www.ravemobilesafety.com.
Davies Murphy Group
SOURCE Rave Mobile Safety