FRAMINGHAM, Mass., Nov. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Rave Mobile Safety, the trusted software partner for campus safety, today announced Rave SafeCampus, the easy-to-use, integrated suite of the most powerful safety applications available, backed by the industry's best support. Rave protects approximately 40 percent of the U.S. higher education student body and its new suite combines field-proven products including Rave Alert for emergency notification, Rave Guardian for individual safety, and Eyewitness for text-based crime tip reporting.
Available in the first quarter of 2013, Rave SafeCampus suite will allow those in campus safety, emergency management, student affairs and students to each have the applications and information they need to ensure efficient bi-directional communications with their entire campus community, all within a single integrated environment.
Additional new features in the Rave SafeCampus suite include:
- Rave SmartDispatch Console: Provides detailed information on inbound calls for help, two-way text messaging with callers, anonymous crime tip reporting, and case archiving and disposition notes.
- Integrated Rave Safety Profile™: Allows the campus community to create and manage a single profile of critical information that is utilized and shared based on permissions and use cases. These Safety Profiles can drive highly targeted emergency notifications and provide context and critical data to families. They can even be automatically delivered to more than 300 participating 9-1-1 centers in 25 states supported by Smart911™, a national safety database created by Rave.
- Rave Guardian App: Used by universities across the country, a recently released version of the product now includes a mobile app for iPhone and Android, allowing students to create their own lists to keep friends and family updated on their whereabouts and safety. Critical student data is automatically passed directly to campus safety if an alarm condition exists. Also, in Smart911 supported areas, Safety Profile information is displayed whenever a student calls 9-1-1.
- Rave Extender 2.0 & SmartWeather Notifications: Includes robust CAP compliant APIs for automated, rules-driven multi-modal messaging. Rave Extender also features packaged templates for next-generation weather alerting, allowing the delivery of tiered notifications to specific groups based on attributes such as location and severity.
- Enhanced Administrative Capabilities for Rave Alert: Provides administrators very granular control over templates, email profiles, modes and users who can be messaged by those authorized to send emergency notifications.
"Rave SafeCampus is the result of invaluable feedback we've received from the many higher education institutions who have integrated our solutions into their key systems and processes," said the President & CEO of Rave Mobile Safety, Tom Axbey. "It is a logical evolution to combine our full spectrum of capabilities into a single suite for more effective operations and easier management, while leveraging our award-winning Smart911 product to support the best emergency service possible."
About Rave Mobile Safety
Rave Mobile Safety is the most trusted software partner for campus and public safety. Used by leading Institutes of Higher Education and State and Local Agencies, the award-winning portfolio of Rave SafeCampus, Rave Alert, Rave Guardian, Eyewitness, Smart911 and SmartPrepare enables millions to feel safe, secure and connected. Rave Mobile Safety is headquartered in Framingham, MA. For more information please visit www.ravemobilesafety.com
Davies Murphy Group
SOURCE Rave Mobile Safety