FRAMINGHAM, Mass., Aug. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Rave Mobile Safety (Rave), the trusted partner for campus and public safety, today announced the latest version of Smart911, the life-saving service now deployed at public safety answering points (PSAPs) in more than 400 U.S. municipalities. Previously, Smart911 was driven solely by information provided by citizens in Safety Profiles which appear to 9-1-1 call-takers during emergency calls, allowing the right resources to be dispatched to the right location. With a redesigned user interface and new functionality developed to meet the latest public safety agency requirements, Smart911 3.0 offers PSAPs and first responders a new level of critical data, improved communications and operational capabilities, while also enabling the seamless incorporation of additional data types for enhanced response times.
The enhancements are a result of close collaboration with 9-1-1 professionals and the first responder community. According to Acting Chief of Communications Jeffrey Miller, New Castle County 911 Center, Delaware; "Information in Smart911 Safety Profiles has already helped us better respond to emergencies and it has saved lives. We are now looking forward to upgrading to the latest version. The additional data sets and new features seamlessly fit into our processes and will increase our efficiency. Rave has made a great product even better by working closely with the 9-1-1 community."
"Smart911 is easy to use and has been proven to help emergency response," said the 9-1-1 Director for Eaton County, Michigan, April Heinze. "Now, we have additional tools and new features at our fingertips that enhance our capabilities and increase our efficiencies. Rave continues to listen to 9-1-1 personnel and has once again delivered real value to emergency response operations."
Highlights of Smart911 3.0 include the following:
- Simplified PSAP Viewer & Enhanced Capabilities: Improved navigation simplifies data access from multiple sources without overloading call-takers. "Always available" mode takes advantage of new functionality such as texting, history, logging/reporting and more.
- Text Session Initiation and Multi-Chat Support: Provides ability to initiate a text session with mobile callers, enabling call-takers to text those who are unresponsive, hang-up or have calls dropped for greater response and reduced numbers of unclosed cases. Multi-chat support allows call-takers to efficiently handle multiple calls at once.
- Enhanced Reporting: Enables call reporting for all device types across regions, providing visibility into frequent callers, transfer history, call dropping and calls that bounce near PSAP boundaries. The ability to append notes to a call that are viewable across PSAPs enables efficient collaboration across jurisdictions for a specific incident or caller.
- Redesigned Smart911 CPE Server: Offers new trouble-shooting functions and deployment tools to make the on-boarding and upgrade process even faster. Entire PSAPs can be deployed in a few short hours.
- SmartDataConnect License included with Smart911 3.0: Allows seamless integration of additional third data sources on call-taker's screens in an easy-to-use format.
"Smart911 3.0 is a significant step forward in the evolution of improved information flow with a 9-1-1 call," said Tom Axbey, CEO of Rave Mobile Safety. "The new version continues to place Rave at the forefront of 9-1-1 innovation. Our goal is to enhance the quality and quantity of relevant data to 9-1-1 call-takers to improve response times and save lives. Vital to that is the feedback of the 9-1-1 and responder community, our work with industry organizations, and the direct input of citizens, all of which continues to ensure our product development addresses real emergency response concerns."
Introduced nearly three years ago by Rave, the rapidly growing Smart911 has already been adopted in 32 states. It has been credited with positively impacting emergency situations across the U.S., including a missing child case in Arkansas, and saving lives, such as a heart attack victim in Nashville.
About Rave Mobile Safety
Rave Mobile Safety is the most trusted software partner for campus and public safety. Used by leading institutes of higher education and state and local agencies, the award-winning portfolio of Rave SafeCampus, Rave Alert, Rave Guardian, Eyewitness, Smart911, SmartDataConnect and SmartPrepare enables millions to feel safe, secure and connected. Rave Mobile Safety is headquartered in Framingham, MA. For more information, please visit http://www.ravemobilesafety.com.
Davies Murphy Group
Public Relations for Rave Mobile Safety
SOURCE Rave Mobile Safety