DULLES, Va., Dec. 1, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN) is one of several companies selected by the FBI to deliver systems development, operations and maintenance, business re-engineering and new technologies to support the bureau's key enterprise initiatives.
The Information Technology Supplies and Support Services (IT Triple S) indefinite-delivery, indefinite-quantity master contract vehicle was awarded to multiple large and small businesses. The largest IT contract in FBI history, IT Triple S has a ceiling value of $30 billion for up to eight years.
Under the terms of the contract, task orders will be awarded in a number of functional areas including supplies and related services; hardware-software and related services; operations and maintenance; and technical and development. According to the FBI, 52 percent of the IT Triple S awards will be made to small businesses, while the other 48 percent will go to large vendors.
The contract vehicle can be used broadly by the Department of Justice (DOJ), which includes the FBI, Drug Enforcement Agency, Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms and U.S. Marshals. Raytheon will seek to leverage IT Triple S to support the Justice Department's information systems, cybersecurity efforts, technology infusion and other IT programs.
"Raytheon has a long track record of working with the FBI, and others in DOJ, to ensure that federal law enforcement personnel have the latest technology and tools to safeguard national assets," said TW Scott, vice president of Raytheon Mission Operations and Services, in the company's Intelligence and Information Systems business. "IT Triple S will not only change the way DOJ accomplishes its daily business but will fundamentally alter the way the department executes its mission for decades to come."
Raytheon Company, with 2009 sales of $25 billion, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security and other government markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 88 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as a broad range of mission support services. With headquarters in Waltham, Mass., Raytheon employs 75,000 people worldwide.
SOURCE Raytheon Company