NEW YORK, Feb. 11, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Razor USA, innovators of transportation and toys, will unveil new rides at the 2011 American International Toy Fair in New York, February 13-16, 2011. With more than 20 million scooters sold since they introduced the original Razor kick scooter, and impressive double-digit percent sales growth in 2010, Razor has made its mark on the toy industry playground as the lean, mean toy machine.
"At Razor, we're always pushing the innovation envelope," said Razor's Founder and President, Carlton Calvin. "Innovation, high quality and cool design. It's what Razor fans expect, and this year's new products are no exception."
Occupying booth #213 at the Javits Convention Center, Razor will display their impressive 2011 product line-up, to include:
Razor® Graffiti™ scooter
The original Razor kick scooter has become a staple of childhood play and transportation. Now, kids can make the sidewalk their canvas and leave their mark with the new Razor Graffiti chalk scooter. Razor took their iconic kick scooter design and added a three-pronged Chalk Bar to the back. With the press of their foot, riders can lay down a trail of color, leaving the sidewalk with their custom designs. Graffiti features include:
- Special three-pronged chalk holder lets you leave your mark
- Easily refillable Chalk Bar
- Aircraft-grade aluminum frame, patented rear fender brake and folding mechanism
- 98mm urethane wheels with ABEC-5 bearings
- Non-toxic Chalk Sticks included (6-pack); chalk replacement cartridges available (6-pack)
- Available in three models – clear/black, blue and purple
- Easy chalk clean up; especially when it rains
For use by riders ages 6 and up (maximum rider weight of 143 pounds), the Razor Graffiti scooter will be available at quality retailers in spring 2011 for a suggested retail price of $59.99.
Razor® BoGo™ pogo stick
Razor is known for reinventing timeless, classic toys with new technology and cool design. And the new BoGo is the latest example. The old-school pogo stick meets cutting-edge technology with a built-in bow to deliver bow-powered action. When the BoGo flexes out, it pushes up on the jump, for a lift-off with a kick. Additional features include:
- Patented bow-assist spring adds a power boost to the bounce
- Bow spring technology licensed by Carnegie Mellon University
- Aircraft-grade aluminum frame
- Soft foam grips and sturdy foot pegs
For use by riders ages 6 and up (maximum rider weight of 140 pounds), the Razor BoGo will be available at quality retailers in spring 2011 for a suggested retail price of $89.99.
Razor® eSpark™ electric-powered scooter
Razor's popular electric-powered scooter just got hotter with the new eSpark. The eSpark features:
- Step on the Spark Bar and watch real sparks fly
- Powerful fun at speeds up to 10 mph
- Up to 40 minutes of continuous electric-powered use
- Rechargeable battery; battery charge time 12 hours
- Twist-grip acceleration control and hand operated front brake
- Two Spark Cartridges included; replaceable Spark Cartridges available
For use by riders ages 8 and up (maximum rider weight of 120 pounds), the Razor eSpark will be available at quality retailers in spring 2011 for a suggested retail price of $179.99.
Razor always advocates safety and recommends riders wear the proper safety gear, use common sense and check and obey local laws regarding use of any product on public property.
About Razor USA LLC
The Razor brand embodies the spirit of fun and freedom. It defies boundaries and sometimes even gravity. The company was founded in 2000 with the introduction of its now legendary kick scooter, which quickly became an essential ride for anyone on the go. Today, Razor products are available worldwide, with a full range of wheeled and non-wheeled goods to inspire and excite riders everywhere.
From day one, Razor has focused on providing the very best riding experience. The company combines cutting-edge technology, high-quality materials and strict safety standards to deliver a product that is designed to suit riders' evolving lifestyle. Cool products and great value have distinguished Razor as a trusted global brand and industry leader.
Based in Southern California, the company sponsors Team Razor™, a group of pro scooter athletes. Razor has helped usher in the action sport of scooter riding, which has evolved from local skate parks in Southern California to global competitions and tours.
For more information, please www.razor.com.
SOURCE Razor USA