OCEAN CITY, Md., Aug. 26, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Executives at Real Hospitality Group (RHG) announced today their portfolio of hotels has grown with several new deals in 2014, representing a 25.9% growth in guest room inventory. Management agreements are now in place for 53 properties and 7,203 guest rooms, expanding the company's market expertise in the northeast, mid-Atlantic and New York City.
Included in the portfolio growth are key branded hotels with Marriott, Starwood Hotels and Resorts, Hilton and Carlson. In 2014, seven of the hotels are expected to open prior to the end of the year, expanding the portfolio presence into Syracuse, New York, Newark and Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, as well as 5 additional locations in the Financial District of downtown Manhattan in New York City.
"We have worked with our ownership groups and established solid brand relationships to deliver effective pre-opening services that create positive top line revenue for our hotels out of the box," comments Ben Seidel, President and CEO. "Our development efforts stem from a straight forward approach, recognizing that our performance and the management of our ownership's assets must produce successful results."
The new locations include:
- Home2 Suites by Hilton – Long Island City, New York: The hotel celebrated its official grand opening this month and offers 115 spacious suites and is the first of this brand to open in Metropolitan New York
- Fairfield Inn & Suites – Rehoboth Beach, DE: This 94 room Generation 4 design is the first Marriott branded hotel in the Rehoboth Beach area. Slated to open in November 2014
- Four Points by Sheraton Newark, DE: Construction is in the final stages for this 120 room hotel's opening, slated for opening in November, and is close to the Christiana Mall and the University of Delaware. RHG also took over the owner group's Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, a 59 unit hotel located at I-95 in the growing Christiana retail area.
- Hyatt Herald Square – New York, NY: The 122 room hotel will offers a unique design inspired by the fashion and publishing industries in Herald Square, with a rooftop lounge and personalized levels of service for a distinctive difference in comfort and service, opening October 2014.
- Renaissance Manhattan Chelsea: The 330 room Renaissance Chelsea, at West 25th Street, is targeting a 2017 completion.
- aloft and element in Syracuse, NY: Construction has begun on the 125 room aloft on the Syracuse waterfront, as part of a revitalization plan for the area. The hotel is slated to open in 2015. Additionally, the new 123 room element will begin construction adjacent to the aloft on the site for a late 2016 opening date.
- New York City Expansion in the Financial District: The 176 room Fairfield Inn & Suites, the 128 room aloft, a division of W Hotels, and the 261 room Four Points by Sheraton are scheduled for openings in the fourth quarter of 2014. The hotels are located in the heart of downtown Manhattan and are the first in a wave of new hotels slated for construction over the next three years. RHG will also be managing the new construction of 330 rooms with a Courtyard by Marriott and Residence Inn by Marriott in a new combination high rise tower, targeted an early 2017 opening.
"These hotels are instrumental in developing a diverse portfolio in markets with tremendous potential. As such, we are focused on maintaining a positive impact during the pre-opening phases and have continued to grow the company by hiring talent well matched to deliver on our promises to our owner partners," cites Seidel. "We have strategically planned for growth to stay well ahead of the future opportunities and are resourced to deliver services to exceed the expectations of the owners, our brand partners and asset managers."
About Real Hospitality Group:
Real Hospitality Group (RHG) is headquartered in Ocean City, MD with a regional office in Midtown New York City, and comprises a team with more than 400 years of combined hospitality and travel industry experience. The Real Hospitality Group portfolio includes 53 hotel properties with an inventory of more than 7,203 rooms in gateway cities that include New York, Philadelphia and locations in West Virginia as well as Syracuse, Glens Falls, Montauk, NY, Ocean City, MD, Rehoboth and Bethany Beach, DE and Chincoteague, VA. The company is a recognized service provider for all major hotel brands as well as a collection of unique independent hotels. RHG focuses on total service property operations, revenue performance, guest satisfaction and business development for hotels, resorts and investment ownership groups. For more information, please visit the company website at www.realhospitalitygroup.com.
SOURCE Real Hospitality Group