OCEAN CITY, Md., Jan. 22, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Executives at Real Hospitality Group (RHG) today announced several landmark growth points for the company. In an effort to expand the company's domestic US presence and the increasing demand for urban hotel projects, the new Los Angeles Regional Office opened this month, expanding the Executive team with the hire of Randy Hulce as the company's West Coast Vice President. Additionally, 9 hotels are slated for grand openings in the first quarter of this year; with the first of nine now open in Newark/Wilmington, DE.
"Increased construction of our new hotels in the pipeline and demand for services in key urban centers fueled the planning of the new LA location," cites Ben Seidel, CEO of Real Hospitality Group. "We spent the latter half of 2014 preparing for the increase in the portfolio, and expanded relationships with new asset managers and owners that make Los Angeles the natural next step to provide coverage for the growth in the US."
Randy Hulce was announced as the new Vice President of the Western Office, to be Los Angeles based. Hulce, a thirty five year hospitality veteran, has served as Chief Executive of a 70 hotel company for a national hospitality REIT and Senior Executive positions in Operations, Asset Management, Sales and Marketing and Business Development. He has directed the operations of hotel assets from select service and boutique hotels to convention and luxury resorts, bearing the banners of IHG, Starwood, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott and Fairmont Hotels and Resorts. As a longtime resident of Southern California, his experience is deepest in the Western United States yet is very broad ranging from San Diego to Manhattan, Seattle to Miami, the Caribbean and Hawaii.
Nine New Hotels Opening in the First Quarter 2015:
Seidel also noted the on target opening schedule of 9 of the company's new construction and acquisition projects. "We are on track with the pre-opening and final components of construction to meet the deadlines of 9 new hotels in the portfolio." The first was the new 120 room Four Points by Sheraton in Newark/Wilmington, Delaware, which opened January 8, 2015. The all new hotel features Farm-A-Sea Bistro & Crafthouse, Spa facilities and meeting and conference space ideal for business and social events. This is the company's third hotel in the Wilmington market.
Additional projects scheduled for opening this quarter includes:
- 176 room Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Downtown Manhattan/Financial District, located on the East River opening in February 2015.
- 128 room aloft Manhattan Financial District on Ann Street in the heart of the Manhattan downtown business district, and the first aloft to open south of Times Square slated for February 2015.
- The 261 Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Financial District, opening in March, is the largest Four Points by Sheraton hotel in Manhattan.
- 94 room Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, opening March 5, 2015. This will be the brand's first hotel in the Rehoboth Beach market.
- The Boro Hotel Long Island City/Manhattan View, a 108 room upscale boutique hotel and is the fifth property for the company in the growing Long Island City market.
- The Bklyn House Hotel, a 116 room independent, upper-upscale hotel opening in the Bushwick community of Brooklyn.
- The 112 room oceanfront Residence Inn by Marriott Bethany Beach, DE, the first for the brand on Delaware coast with onsite dining operated by a renowned local restauranteur.
- The Commander Hotel, a 109 all-suite hotel on the oceanfront and Boardwalk in Ocean City, MD, opening for the season at the end of March.
About Real Hospitality Group
Real Hospitality Group (RHG) is headquartered in Ocean City, MD with regional offices in New York City and Los Angeles, and comprises a team with more than 400 years of combined hospitality and travel industry experience. The Real Hospitality Group portfolio includes 58 hotel properties with an inventory of more than 7,618 rooms in gateway cities that include New York, Philadelphia and locations in West Virginia as well as Syracuse, Glens Falls, Montauk, NY, Ocean City, MD, Newark, Rehoboth and Bethany Beach, DE and Chincoteague, VA. The company is a recognized service provider for Marriott, Starwood, Hyatt, Hilton, IHG, Wyndham and Choice Hotels, as well as a collection of unique independent hotels. RHG focuses on total service property management, revenue performance, guest satisfaction and business development for hotels, resorts and investment ownership groups. For more information, please visit the company website at www.realhospitalitygroup.com.
SOURCE Real Hospitality Group