NEW YORK, April 4, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Recyclebank®, the company that rewards people for taking everyday green actions with discounts and deals from more than 3,000 local and national businesses, today announced the Green Your Home Challenge, a nationwide contest to educate, motivate and inspire people to live a more eco-friendly lifestyle. The Challenge, which runs until April 30, features green living tips and challenges that offer opportunities to earn reward points. More than 100 prizes will be given to the highest scorers who have taken the most challenges and referred the most friends to do so as well. The grand prize is an $18,000 green kitchen makeover by environmental living expert and celebrity Danny Seo.
To take the challenge, people can visit http://greenyourhome.recyclebank.com to start earning points for their everyday green actions. Each week, Recyclebank will "unlock" a room in the house (kitchen, living room, bedroom and baby room, backyard/garage, and bathroom), and a series of tips and challenges related to that room will be revealed. For each challenge completed, participants earn Recyclebank points. Participants' scores are based on how many actions they complete and how many friends they get to take challenges.
The grand prize winner will receive a home makeover consultation with Danny himself, a full suite of ENERGY STAR® qualified LG kitchen appliances, a one-year supply of Ziploc® Brand products and two chairs made entirely of recycled Coca-Cola® bottles. In addition to the grand prize winner, Recyclebank will host a photo contest with a prize of an Earthscape Structures playground provided by Ziploc®, valued at close to $4,300. The top ten finalists will receive an incredible assortment of green living products, including a Barnes & Noble® NOOK Color™ e-Reader, Voltaic Solar Backpack, an energy saving starter kit provided by Choose Renewables and a programmable thermostat provided by Honeywell®. Additional prize packages ($25 BuyGreen.com gift cards, 1,000 Recyclebank points and Recyclebank tote bags) will go to the remaining top 100 earners.
"All of us want to live greener, healthier lives, but it can be overwhelming to figure out how to do so," said Danny Seo. "I am thrilled to work with Recyclebank, as we both believe that making small adjustments in your own lives can make a huge global difference, and they are rewarding people for doing so. The Green Your Home Challenge shows how these changes can be easy and fun."
"By mobilizing a large group of people to make small changes, the collective positive impact on the environment is astounding," said Jonathan Hsu, chief executive officer at Recyclebank. "Partnering with Danny and launching the Green Your Home Challenge is a great way to celebrate Earth Month and the everyday steps people are taking towards living a greener lifestyle."
For more details on the Challenge, visit http://greenyourhome.recyclebank.com.
Recyclebank Green Your Home Challenge Prizes
Grand Prize - $18,000 Green Kitchen Makeover
- Home makeover consultation from green living expert Danny Seo
- Suite of ENERGY STAR® qualified LG appliances
- Ultra-Capacity SteamWasher™ with 6Motion™
- Ultra-Capacity SteamDryer™
- Four Door French Door Ultra Capacity Refrigerator
- Double Oven Range
- Over The Range Microwave with Extenda™ Vent and Warming Lamp
- Fully Integrated Dishwasher with SignaLight™
- Kompressor Upright Vacuum
- Cinema 3D Full HD 1080P 120Hz LED HDTV with Smart TV 47-inch class size
- LED Monitor with SUPER Energy Saving 23-inch class size
- Two 111 Navy Chairs™ made from 111 recycled Coca-Cola® plastic bottles
- One-year supply of Ziploc® Brand bags and containers, including the latest evolve™ sandwich and storage bags made from 25% less plastic(1) and VersaGlass™ containers made from tempered glass
10 First Place Prizes
- NOOK Color™ e-Reader provided by Barnes & Noble®
- Conventional 7-Day Programmable Thermostat provided by Honeywell®
- Bye Bye Standby® Wireless Energy Saving Starter Kit provided by Choose Renewables
- Voltaic OffGrid Solar Backpack
100 Second Place Prizes
- $25 BuyGreen.com Gift Card
- Recyclebank Tote
- 1,000 Recyclebank Points
One Photo Contest Prize
- Earthscape Structures playground made out of 99.9% recycled plastic provided by Ziploc®
Recyclebank helps create a more sustainable future by rewarding people for taking everyday green actions with discounts and deals from more than 3,000 local and national businesses. Through its online platform and partnerships with municipalities, haulers, small businesses and corporate brands, Recyclebank is empowering individuals to make a collective impact on the environment by increasing household recycling, reducing household energy usage and taking other environmentally-preferred actions. Recognized as a Technology Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, a Champion of the Earth by the United Nations Environment Programme and for Outstanding Excellence in Public/Private Partnerships from the U.S. Conference of Mayors, Recyclebank is headquartered in New York City. For more information, visit www.Recyclebank.com.
Tyler Perry | Bateman Group for Recyclebank
(718) 576-2463 | email@example.com
(1) As compared to regular Ziploc® Brand bags