GENEVA, Ill., Jan. 18, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- With the deadline a little over five months away, the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is considered the most important change in data privacy regulation in 20 years. It affects every organization in the world that processes the data of European Union (EU) citizens, and takes effect May 25, 2018. Gartner predicts that by the end of 2018, more than 50% of companies affected by GDPR will fail to comply fully with its requirements.
GDPR compliance is a major shift in business data protection rules that can be tackled with the correct vision and resources in place. From the initial assessment to ongoing compliance program management, RedLegg can provide you with all the guidance and support necessary. Getting a head start through RedLegg's Virtual Data Protection Officer (vDPO) service affords your company cost-effective access to industry experts while eliminating internal conflicts of interest.
RedLegg's new GDPR advisory service provides:
Initial Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA)
- Audit of business processes to determine the type of personal data that is currently collected, stored, processed, and exchanged with affected external entities
- Review of established data minimization practices that must be implemented at every step of the data lifecycle to maintain GDPR compliance
- Evaluation of ability to comply with the Right to Erasure (right to be forgotten) requirements
- Gap Assessment Report and high-level Implementation Plan to define compliance action items
Data Discovery Control Audits
- Discover and analyze GDPR-related data residing on-premise and in cloud-based applications and systems
- Evaluate data access and data protection control monitoring capabilities
vDPO (virtual Data Protection Officer) Service
- Provides real-life data privacy and information security experience to ensure compliance
- Avoids conflicts of interest between the duties of DPOs and their other duties
- Provides interaction and reporting to your company's top management
- Furnishes advice and recommendations for interpreting and applying the new data protection rules
- Helps your company to manage, operationalize and maintain your GDPR Compliance Program
A Global Partner for Managed and Cyber Security Services, RedLegg's approach to consultancy is based on a solid risk management foundation. RedLegg's works with VAR and Channel Partners to improve client security posture by providing superior security services. For more information on GDPR and how you can become compliant, contact RedLegg at 833-RedLegg or at www.redlegg.com.