SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 27, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Reflektive, the agile performance management platform, today announced the launch of Check-In, a flexible solution that is designed to replace the annual performance review with an integrated solution for continuous performance management. With a modular design integrated into third-party Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) and business applications, Check-In makes it easy for HR leaders to launch and manage ongoing feedback programs for their managers and employees.
Talent retention is a leading concern in the modern workplace. It costs between 30 and 40 percent of an employee's annual salary to replace an employee. In the expensive war for talent, HR executives today are tasked with creating great employee experiences to attract and retain employees. At the same time, employees are seeking strong managers who develop their skills, help them remove obstacles, create clear objectives, and recognize their contributions. Check-In provides a scalable solution to develop managers, who, in turn, motivate and develop employees across the organization.
Reflektive customer Protective Life surveyed their employees before and after an initial Check-In pilot program and found:
- 92 percent of employees surveyed said they knew exactly where they stood with their manager after using Check-In, a 40 percent increase compared to the company's previous program
- 96 percent surveyed said they knew exactly where to focus their efforts over the next 90 days
- 95 percent average decrease in time spent completing the performance management process per manager each year, maintaining the same amount of time spent on manager-employee conversation and reducing shrinking administrative overhead
"While [efficiency] wasn't the goal, because we are now thinking and talking about improving regularly, the time saving was a huge win for our managers. We feel very strongly that dialogue between an employee and their manager, not just what's written on a piece of paper, is what really enables people to develop to become more and do more than they can do today," said Stephen Owens, AVP Learning & Talent Development, Protective Life. "We chose Reflektive because of its ease of usability, real-time nature, and integration into our daily workflows."
"At the end of the year, businesses want managers to have insight into all their employees because they spent time with them each quarter," said Rajeev Behera, CEO, Reflektive. "With Reflektive Check-In, you don't need an annual performance review or a rating system because everyone should be on the same page with no surprises."
With the move to optimize the employee experience with real-time feedback and ongoing, bite-sized coaching opportunities, Reflektive Check-In enables managers and employees to have an ongoing structured conversation around progress towards key objectives, blockers, and developmental goals.
Check-Ins can be run monthly, bi-monthly or quarterly, based on the goals of the business. These processes are designed to augment regular one-on-one meetings and ensure a regular structured time to sync on progress, blockers, and priorities. Over time, Check-Ins provide a historical view of an employee's progress that can be used as supplemental data to support compensation increases and promotions in lieu of an inaccurate annual rating system. The solution features a variety of performance and development modules which enable employers to design the right talent management program for their employees.
- Developmental Check-In Module: Focus on specific skills the employee is working on such as learning a new technology, becoming a better public speaker, or building their personal brand
- Career-Pathing Check-In Module: Determine specific skills and steps into a new role upwards or laterally in the organization
- Evaluative Check-In Module: Review and (optionally) rate past performance over the last period of the Check-In
- Progress-Based Check-In Module: Help managers provide guidance to employees on how they can improve towards specific or general outcomes
- Goal-Based Check-In Module: Review OKR and S.M.A.R.T. goal success and progress, and record whether employee is ahead, behind, or on track
- Custom Check-In Module: Design your own Check-In or combine any of the other modules to create your custom Check-In program
Check-In seamlessly integrates with Reflektive's suite of real-time performance management products and dozens of popular HR and business applications. With seamless integration into other Reflektive applications as well as third-party software such as HRIS and email systems, Reflektive makes it easy to develop and manage a modern performance management program.
Reflektive is the agile performance management platform. Serving hundreds of the world's best places to work, the Reflektive suite includes real-time feedback, Check-Ins, performance reviews, and goal management. Integrated with dozens of popular HR and business applications, Reflektive optimizes productivity by enhancing employee-manager alignment, increases employee engagement and retention, and slashes administrative overhead from performance management processes. Reflektive serves over 175 companies including Protective Life, Ubisoft, Pinterest, Twilio, Instacart and Glassdoor. For more information, visit www.reflektive.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/reflektive-announces-check-in-the-performance-review-replacement-300334536.html