CHICAGO, March 20, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The RE/MAX Northern Illinois real estate network once again led the seven-county metropolitan Chicago real estate market in home sales during the year just ended. RE/MAX brokers represented 15.3 percent of those who bought or sold homes, comfortably outdistancing any competing brokerage organizations. RE/MAX was not only No. 1 in the metro area for 2016, it also took the top spot in each of the seven counties and in the suburbs as a whole, where its market share was 18.4 percent.
RE/MAX brokers listed 16.4 percent of all homes sold during 2016, or one of every six, to secure the top market share. In the suburbs, RE/MAX led with a 19.9 percent market share for listings sold, which amounts to one of every five homes sold. RE/MAX has held the number one position, based on listings sold in the metro Chicago real estate market, since area-wide MLS data was first available in 1994.
RE/MAX brokers also led the seven-county Chicago-area market in buyer representation, helping buyers with 14.1 percent of all home purchases in 2016, including 16.8 percent in the Chicago suburbs.
These market-share figures were drawn from data compiled by Midwest Real Estate Data, LLC (MRED), which also showed that 114,708 residential listings were sold during 2016 in the seven-county metro market, which includes Cook, DuPage, Kane, Kendall, Lake, McHenry and Will counties. RE/MAX also was the 2016 market share leader in more than 200 towns and communities across Chicagoland.
According to MRED data, RE/MAX was the market share leader for both listings sold and buyer representation in all seven metro-area counties during 2016.
- Cook County – There were 40,178 listed homes sold in Cook County in 2016. RE/MAX led the market, listing 16.7 percent of homes sold, and it was number one in buyer representation with 13.9 percent.
- DuPage County – There were 14,371 listings sold in DuPage County during 2016. RE/MAX led the market, listing 21.5 percent of residences sold, and it was number one in buyer representation with 16.7 percent.
- Kane County – There were 7,640 listed homes sold in Kane County in 2016. RE/MAX led the market, listing 24.8 percent of homes sold, and it was number one in buyer representation with 21.2 percent.
- Kendall County – There were 2,554 listed homes sold in Kendall County in 2016. RE/MAX topped the market by listing 17 percent of listings sold, and it was first in buyer representation with 17.1 percent.
- Lake County – There were 10,763 listed homes sold in Lake County in 2016. RE/MAX led the market, listing 24 percent of sold properties, and it was number one in buyer representation with 22.15 percent.
- McHenry County – There were 5,551 listed homes sold in McHenry County in 2016. RE/MAX led the market, listing 25.9 percent of homes sold, and it was number one in buyer representation with 23.3 percent.
- Will County – There were 10,633 listed homes sold in Will County during 2016. RE/MAX led the market, listing 21.6 percent of those homes, and it was number one in buyer representation at 16.8 percent.
RE/MAX agents consistently rank among the most productive in the industry. In 2016, RE/MAX Northern Illinois agents averaged 18 transaction sides. RE/MAX has been the leader in the northern Illinois real estate market since 1989 and is continually growing. The RE/MAX Northern Illinois network, with headquarters in Elgin, Ill., consists of more than 2,250 sales associates and 103 independently owned and operated RE/MAX offices that provide a full range of residential and commercial brokerage services. Its mobile real estate app, available for download at www.illinoisproperty.com, provides comprehensive information about residential and commercial property for sale in the region. The northern Illinois network is part of RE/MAX, a global real estate organization with 110,000+ sales associates in 100+ nations.
SOURCE RE/MAX Northern Illinois