HAUPPAUGE, N.Y., March 8, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Spring is coming up fast and pool owners may be wondering - when is the right time to open your pool? The general rule of thumb is that you can open anytime between March and May, but that window does span a few months. Removable pool fence manufacturer, LOOP-LOC, discusses the pros and cons of opening your pool early.
Let's begin with the pros of opening your pool early this season:
- The most obvious pro is that you'll be lengthening the pool season so you can use your pool for longer. If you're looking to get the most out of your pool season, opening early may be the right move for you.
- The longer you wait to open your pool, the less potent any winterizing chemicals you added will be. By opening early, you're more likely to see clearer water when you take off your cover. Warm water is a prime spot for bacteria and algae to grow. Opening early can alleviate some of the time spent on re-balancing pool chemicals so your water is safe to swim in.
- Don't wait until the warm weather sets in to start thinking about opening your pool. Opening early can help you plan and accommodate your schedule accordingly. The springtime can be very busy for pool owners and checking this off your list right in the beginning can provide a big relief.
With the pros, come some cons to consider as well:
- Lengthening the pool season also equates to increased maintenance costs. Since your pool will be open longer, it's likely to cause an increase in electricity and chemical usage.
- In the early spring season, pollen can be a pest for your pool. Sometimes, you'll wake up to a thin film of pollen right across the water. However, daily straining can alleviate this issue.
- Depending on your region, inconsistent weather can be a problem in early spring. It can be snowy, rainy, and sunny all within a couple months span. You'll need to keep a close eye on your water level and chemicals if this is common where you live.
When determining when the optimal time to open your pool is this season, you can refer to the reasons above to weigh out the pros and cons. Whether you decide to wait it out or get a head start this season, make sure you enjoy your pool as much as possible this season!
About LOOP-LOC: There's only one company known for manufacturing safety pool covers strong and tough enough to support an elephant: the legendary LOOP-LOC. LOOP-LOC Safety Pool Fence Manufacturer is a global leader in the pool industry with a 200,000-square-foot headquarters in Hauppauge, New York, and 300 employees. Through its network of dealers, the company has sold safety swimming pool covers on every continent on earth except Antarctica. LOOP-LOC pool safety covers manufacturer now also manufactures a line of luxury in-ground pool liners—with more exclusive designer patterns than any other company—as well as the BABY-LOC removable fencing, a convenient, cost-effective additional layer of protection to help deter toddlers from gaining access to a swimming pool.