GENEVA, March 1, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
- World premiere: the new SCENIC, a fresh take on the MPV concept.
- World premiere: the new MEGANE Estate, presented in the form of the new MEGANE Estate GT.
- Renault also takes the wraps off the ZOE Swiss Edition, a high-end version of its popular electric city car.
- As its product offensive continues, Renault has the youngest model range in Europe.
In addition to the presence of the new MEGANE Estate on Renault's stand since the doors of the 2016 Geneva Motor Show opened this morning, Renault today unveiled the latest addition to its range - the new SCENIC - during a press conference attended by Chairman and CEO Carlos Ghosn and Laurens Van Den Acker, SVP Corporate Design.
"The new SCENIC redefines MPV thinking," says Carlos Ghosn, Chairman and CEO, Groupe Renault. "Building on the model's longstanding reputation for ingenuity, user-friendliness and modularity, the new SCENIC addresses the demands of today's customers and re-emerges as a pioneer in its segment thanks to its ground-breaking design and assertive personality. The new SCENIC sees Renault continue its product offensive and the coming year promises to be the most ambitious in Renault's history, with the introduction of 10 new vehicles around the world. All these new models mean that Renault has the youngest range in Europe."
The new Renault SCENIC
- A modern, assertive MPV combining driving enjoyment and comfort for all the family.
- A design that breaks away from conventional MPV cues, with unprecedented proportions, the fitment of 20-inch wheels across the range and a two-tone colour scheme.
- An even more modular interior, including a sliding centre console and an automatic One Touch Folding system for the rear seats.
- For the first time in the compact MPV segment, a comprehensive suite of driving aids including AEBS (Automatic Emergency Braking System) with Pedestrian Detection as standard equipment for all versions
- Features shared with the new Espace, including MULTI-SENSE technology, R-LINK 2 with an 8.7-inch display and a colour head-up display.
- An extensive choice of petrol and diesel engines to cover all needs, including Renault's Hybrid Assist diesel-electric powertrain.
- The new GRAND SCENIC will be revealed before the summer.
- The new SCENIC and the new GRAND SCENIC will be available for sale before the end of the year.
The new MEGANE Estate
- Dynamic, elegant styling.
- The new MEGANE Estate GT features 4CONTROL with four-wheel steering and Renault Sport styling cues.
- An intuitive modular interior, including a configurable boot arrangement, plus the segment's longest load carrying capacity.
- Both versions will be available for sale in September 2016.
The ZOE Swiss Edition
- Renault introduces a high-end version of Europe's best-selling electric vehicle.
- Exclusive body colour, premium leather upholstery and Bose® audio.
To discover all that's new from Renault at the 2016 Geneva Motor Show (March 1-13), visit our stand in Hall 4.
SOURCE Groupe Renault