PALM BEACH, Aruba, Sept. 28, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The award-winning Radisson Aruba Resort, Casino & Spa today announced that its overall property renovation is set for completion in the middle of October 2011, with the Aruba Tower refresh as the final phase of the transformation.
The renovation is part of an extensive USD 26 million renovation project which began in April 2010 and included refurbishing the 355-room resort's three guestroom towers and key public areas. Guests will experience a new sense of arrival, with updated furnishings and a reception area in the open-air lobby. Guests can now experience magnificent views of the ocean, beach, and pool the moment they arrive.
Guest rooms have new furnishings and amenities which include:
- Simmons Luxury Plush EverNu mattresses
- new bedding and linen featuring a luxury duvet cover and contemporary accents
- 42-inch plasma TVs
- I-Home clock radios
- computerized climate-control systems with dehumidifiers for ultimate comfort
- double-pane "airport quality" glass windows and doors for a soundproof experience
Renovation to the public areas includes:
- refreshed decor in the AAA Four Diamond Sunset Grille restaurant with a new color scheme and furnishings
- new furnishings and seating in the Mira Solo Martini Bar to maximize guests' waterfront experience
- refurbished corridors feature new contemporary patterned murals, accented ceilings, and upgraded carpeting.
- state-of-the-art gaming equipment to be installed in resort's casino by early December
- landscaping throughout the resort has been refreshed with new plantings to further enhance the tropical environment for which the resort is famous
- Expanded interactive aviary program that enables guests to visit nine tropical birds living on-site including Macaws, a Sulfur-Crested Cockatoo, African Grey Parrots, a Cuban Amazon Parrot, and a Brazilian Toucan.
About Radisson Aruba Resort
The AAA Four Diamond Radisson Aruba Resort, located on Palm Beach – the island's top beach – is a 15-acre tropical oasis offering exceptional accommodations and facilities enhanced by warm and caring, attentive service. The resort's award-winning oceanfront Larimar Spa, known for treatments incorporating indigenous island ingredients, is the most comprehensive in Aruba and a favorite of spa connoisseurs. With an exceptional staff – many with the resort for more than 15 years – the property is notable for its gracious service, having the largest expanse of white sandy beach on the island, exotic lagoons, cascading waterfalls, manicured fragrant gardens, and 355 guestrooms, including 30 luxurious suites and exclusive Plaza Club accommodations. The Radisson Aruba captures the essence of Aruban charm offering sumptuous cuisine in three restaurants; including Sunset Grille, the island's only AAA Four Diamond-rated restaurant and Mira Solo, the island's only martini bar featuring a variety of 52 martinis; a 30,000-square-foot pool area with two free-form pools; a five-star PADI dive and water sports facility, and more than 15,000 square feet of special event space. Club Carlson – a whole new world of hotel rewards – makes staying at Radisson even more satisfying.
Editors Note: Photography available on request. Please contact Kaye Communications at 561-392-5166/ firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Radisson Aruba Resort, Casino & Spa