NEW YORK, Dec. 9, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Acute Ischemic Stroke Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017
GlobalData, the industry analysis specialist's new report, "Acute Ischemic Stroke (AIS) Therapeutics Market - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017" is an essential source of information and analysis on the global AIS therapeutics market. The report identifies the key trends shaping and driving the global AIS therapeutics market. The report also provides insight on the competitive landscape and the emerging players expected to bring significant shift in the market positioning of the existing market leaders. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insight on the pipeline products within the global AIS therapeutics market.
This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in house analysis by GlobalData's team of industry experts.
GlobalData estimated the global AIS therapeutics market, in 2009, at $303m indicating a cumulative annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.5% between 2001 and 2009. This is primarily attributed to a strong pipeline landscape. Due to the fact that the strong pipeline, the delay in seeking treatment within the three hour therapeutic window, and the clinical trial failure rate continue to pose significant challenges for prospective market entrants, the market landscape in the future is expected to remain a high growth market. The aging population will be a key driver of this market. In addition, the prevalence of AIS was one of the major factors responsible for the growth of AIS therapeutics market between 2001 and 2009.
GlobalData suggests that current competition is weak based on current marketed drugs for primary therapy. The only marketed product (Activase) is unsuccessful in meeting the needs of the market, resulting in significant unmet need. A new entrant entering the market will be forced to match or exceed the efficacy and safety profile of the marketed product, and will therefore be required to be strong. The GlobalData analysis of pipeline includes the products that are being investigated for primary treatment of acute ischemic stroke. The pipeline includes compounds that are being tried as neuroprotectants, for stroke prevention in arterial fibrillation, and certain other anticoagulants, antiplatelets, and anticoagulants. In total, the pipeline consists of 30 molecules in various phases of clinical development.
The scope of the report includes:
- Annualized global AIS therapeutics market revenues data from 2001 to 2009, forecast forward for 8 years to 2017.
- Geographies covered in this report include the US, the UK, Italy, Spain, Germany, France, and Japan.
- Pipeline analysis data providing a split across different phases, mechanism of action being developed and emerging trends.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global AIS therapeutics market. Key future market players covered are D-Pharma, ThromboGenics and Stem Cell Therapeutics, Sygnis Pharma, Lundbeck, and Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Corp.
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs and implications for future market associated with AIS therapeutics market.
Reasons to buy
The report will enhance your decision making capability in a more rapid and time sensitive manner. It will allow you to:
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through review of pipeline products and technologies and by identifying companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global AIS therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments and companies likely to impact the global AIS therapeutics market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolio and create effective counter-strategies to gain competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
- What's the next big thing in the global AIS therapeutics market landscape? – Identify, understand and capitalize.
To order this report:
Intl: +1 805-652-2626