NEW YORK, Dec. 9, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Anti-Hypertension Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2017
GlobalData, the industry analysis specialist's new report, "Anti-Hypertension Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment And Market Forecasts to 2017" is an essential source of information and analysis on the global hypertension market. The report identifies the key trends shaping and driving the global hypertension market. The report also provides insight on the competitive landscape and the emerging players expected to bring significant shift in the market positioning of the existing market leaders. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insight on the pipeline products within the global hypertension market.
This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in house analysis by GlobalData's team of industry experts.
GlobalData estimated the global hypertension market, in 2009, at $36.9 billion indicating a cumulative annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.3% between 2001 and 2009. The growth in the market can mainly attribute to the growth in the sales of angiotensin renin blockers, the only therapeutic class that has antihypertensive drugs under patent protection. Though ARBs are less effective compared to other drugs such as beta-blockers and calcium channel blockers, they became the frontline treatment for patients diagnosed with hypertension. In addition, the prevalence of hypertension was one of the major factors responsible for the growth of hypertension market between 2001 and 2009. Due to expected patent expiry of blockbusters such as Diovan, Cozaar and Avapro, the market is forecast to decline at a CAGR of -5.2% between 2009 and 2017.
GlobalData analyzed that current competition in the hypertension market is very strong. Drugs acting on the renin angiotensin system dominated the hypertension market in 2009. The patent expiry of key blockbusters and uncertain success of molecule in Phase II and Phase III of development, leads to diminish the hypertension market between 2009 and 2017. The hypertension pipeline is strong. Though there are over 90 molecules in various stages of pipeline for hypertension, majority of them are either me-too products or product extensions of the marketed drugs. More than 34 molecules in the pipeline are me-too drugs and 28 molecules are product extensions of the marketed blockbusters. Big pharmaceutical companies marketing major ARBs are in a race to capture the highest market share in the hypertension market.
The scope of the report includes:
- Annualized global hypertension market revenues data from 2001 to 2009, forecast forward for 8 years to 2017.
- Geographies covered in this report include the US, the UK, Italy, Spain, Germany, France, and Japan.
- Pipeline analysis data providing a split across different phases, mechanism of action being developed and emerging trends. The first-in-class drugs act through new mechanisms of action such as eNOS (Endothelial Nitric Oxide Synthase) couplers, SGLT2 inhibitors, endothelin antagonists, PPAR-gamma agonists.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global hypertension market. Key future market players covered are Novartis Ag, Merck & Co. Inc., AstraZeneca, Takeda Pharmaceuticals, Daiichi Sankyo Co. Ltd, GlaxoSmithKline Plc, and sanofi-aventis.
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs and implications for future market associated with hypertension market.
Reasons to buy
The report will enhance your decision making capability in a more rapid and time sensitive manner. It will allow you to:
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through review of pipeline products and technologies and by identifying companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global hypertension market.
- Drive revenues by understanding key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments and companies likely to impact the global hypertension market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolio and create effective counter-strategies to gain competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
- What's the next big thing in the global hypertension market landscape? – Identify, understand and capitalize.
To order this report:
Intl: +1 805-652-2626