NEW YORK, Dec. 21, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Brazil, China, Russia and India (BRIC) represent attractive new avenues for global pharmaceutical companies for expansion. The combined pharmaceutical markets of these countries were valued at $58bn in 2009 having grown at a double digit rate. This report analyses the leading pharmaceutical companies in the BRIC market which were ranked by their sales in the consolidated BRIC markets. It analyzes the competitive positioning of these players and gives insight into their growth strategies for the BRIC countries including their product pipelines and strategic alliances.
Scope of this research
• Evaluate the BRIC markets in terms of healthcare needs, disease burden trends, socio-economic status and the regulatory framework.
• Identify the top 10 players in the BRIC markets and the products and therapy areas that are driving their sales.
• Understand how recent events are affecting the performance of marketed products and how leading companies are confronting competitive challenges.
• Analyze the marketed products, R&D pipelines, growth strategies and competitive landscape of the major players in the BRIC pharmaceutical market.
• Analyze the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats of the 10 leading pharmaceutical companies in the BRIC countries.
Research and analysis Highlights
The pharmaceutical market in the BRIC countries grew strongly in 2008-09 with the top 10 companies accounting for 23.4% of the market. Novartis was the leading company with sales of $2.1bn.
Cardiovascular drugs were Novartis' primary therapeutic focus with brands such as Diovan and Co-Diovan leading the segment. Brazil was the largest market for Novartis in the BRIC pharmaceutical market accounting for 40.4% of its sales.
Product launches, mergers and acquisitions, partnerships with local companies and institutions and increased investment in R&D are some of the key strategies being adopted by multinational pharmaceutical companies to gain ground in the BRIC markets.
Key reasons to purchase this research
• What was the size of the BRIC pharmaceutical market in 2009 and how has it grown?
• Who are the leading players in the BRIC markets and what are their leading products?
• How are multinational pharma companies increasing their prescence in the BRIC markets?
• Which pipeline drugs will drive sales growth for the leading players in the BRIC pharmaceutical markets?
• How are domestic players in the BRIC markets maintaining their market share in the face of competition from multinational competitors?
To order this report:
Intl: +1 805-652-2626