DALLAS, Texas, September 29, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
Thin Film Solar Markets at $2.9 billion in 2010 are set to grow to $44 billion by 2017, with the total solar energy market reaching $ 1 trillion sometime in the middle of 2021.
'Thin Film Solar Technology Market Shares, Strategies, and Forecasts, Worldwide, 2011' study has 496 pages, 189 tables and figures. Thin film solar energy units are evolving vacuum based solid state technology.
The worldwide demand for energy is steadily increasing, doubling every 15 years. The major effort is to sustain growth in the electricity supply without causing irreversible harm to the environment. Solar energy has rapidly grown as a clean, renewable alternative to limited fossil fuels. Recognition of the need to reduce reliance on coal and fossil fuels is driving interest in solar energy.
Thin film solar panel and systems market segments include CadTel. CadTel is attracting more attention than CIGS thin film. Thin film silicon solar cells use significantly less silicon, about 1/100th the thickness of the normal silicon layer. The thin film silicon solar cells production process is far shorter than that for crystalline silicon solar cells. Therefore thin film silicon solar cells are expected to greatly expand the potential of solar energy.
Growth of solar markets will depend on continued investment in energy infrastructure by governments. When you think about it, there is no better investment government can make than in achieving development of low cost, reliable solar energy. This availability of low cost energy is what makes an economy hum. Some governments are sure to recognize these issues and make the investment, others will not.
According to the lead author of the study, "grid parity has been reached by thin film solar energy products for many areas of the world." When thin film solar systems are looked at over the 25 year useful life of the systems they provide very attractive payback.
Explore Table of Contents of this Thin Film Solar Market Report @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/reports/130889-thin-film-solar-technology-market-shares-strategies-and-forecas.html
Other New Market Research Offerings:
- Asia-Pacific Markets for Hearing Aids and Audiology Devices 2011
- Trends, Developments And Dynamics of The European Spine Market 2010 - 2015, 6th Edition
- Bioplastics : Technologies & Global Markets
- U.S. DoD C4ISR Markets
- The Netherlands Interior Products Industry, Key Trends and Opportunities: Single Family Households Driving Market Recovery
- China grape wine manufacturing industry, 2011
- The Global Market for Carotenoids
- Healthcare-Acquired Infection: Devices, Pharmaceuticals, and Environmental Products
- Generic Drugs Market
- Naval Vessels and Surface Combatants Market
- APAC Hearing Aids and Audiology Devices Market
- Contract Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, Research and Packaging Market
Few Upcoming Market Research Offerings that you can Pre-Order with us:
- Solar Inverter Markets
- Fats and Salad Cooking Oils in the U.S.: Butter, Margarine, Olive Oil, and Beyond
- Cell Culture: The World Market for Media, Sera and Reagents, 3rd. Edition
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Therapeutics Market Forecasts to 2018
- Luxembourg Power Market Outlook to 2030 - Business Propensity Indicator (BPI), Market Trends, Regulation and Competitive Landscape
- Eagle Ford Shale in the US, 2011 - Oil Shale Market Analysis and Forecasts to 2020
- Atopic Dermatitis Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2018
ReportsnReports.com is an online market research library of 130,000+ reports and in-depth studies of over 5000 micro markets. Our database includes reports by leading publishers from across the globe. We provide 24/7 online and offline support service to our customers.