DUBLIN, September 30, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Molecular Diagnostics Market (By Application, Technology, Region and Companies) and Forecast to 2021 - Global Analysis" report to their offering.
The molecular diagnostics market is one of the most rapidly growing segments of the in vitro diagnostics industry. Molecular diagnostics is a new class of diagnostic tests that identify molecular and genetic markers for an individual patient. These markers determine potential benefit from a specific therapy or risk of developing a specific disease or other health condition.
North America, particularly, United States is the key market for molecular diagnostics due to the availability of government funds, rising incidence of chronic diseases, the availability of different types of tests, and high awareness of pharmacogenomics/personalized medicine. Moreover, major companies have easy access to United States which makes the country largest and most significant market for suppliers. Additionally, new molecular diagnostic tests are regularly introduced to the market for screening or diagnosing a wide range of patient types for numerous diseases.
Molecular diagnostics is being driven by several growth factors, which include the need for automated and easy-to-handle techniques, which combine optimized sample preparation, analysis and data evaluation, and the growing availability of molecular diagnostic tests for monitoring the therapeutic efficacy of expensive drugs.
Additionally, the requirement of swift diagnoses techniques that would diagnose disease condition, medical disorders quickly and offer a strong and consistent tool for quick therapy decisions represents the other key factor. Introduction of new diagnostics tests, primarily in the infectious disease application area is likely to keep the momentum going for the molecular diagnostics business in the short-term.
- The Global Molecular Diagnostics market is expected to grow with a CAGR of around 9% during the period 2010 - 2021.
- Number of molecular tests performed in the United States is expected to exceed 300 Million by 2020.
- In the Global molecular diagnostics market, infectious disease controls maximum market share in 2015.
- The neurological disorders testing market holds over 6% share of the total molecular diagnostic market in 2015 being followed by cardiovascular diseases.
- The global food testing market was valued over US$ 450 Million in 2014.
- Biochips and FISH and Innovations accounts for largest share of the Global molecular diagnostics technological segment in 2015.
- PCR based tests captures third highest share of the molecular diagnostics technological market in 2015.
- North America accounted for around 40% share of the Global molecular diagnostics market in 2015.
- China and India are large emerging markets for the molecular diagnostics.
Molecular Diagnostics Market and Forecast - 9 Applications Segment Covered:
- Infectious Disease
- Blood Screening
- Tissue Typing/HLA
- Genetic Testing
- Cardiovascular Diseases
- Neurological Disorders
- Food Pathogen Detection
- Miscellaneous Disorders
Molecular Diagnostics Market and Forecast - 8 Technological Segments Covered
- PCR-Based Tests
- PCR-Related Technologies
- Non-PCR Tests
- FISH and Innovations
- Molecular Imaging
- Other Technologies
Molecular Diagnostics Market and Forecast - 9 Companies Covered
- Abbott Laboratories
- Hologic Inc.
- Myriad Genetics
- Becton Dickinson
- Other Companies
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8hz6rz/molecular
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/research-and-markets---global-molecular-diagnostics-market-growth-at-a-cagr-of-9-2010-2021-key-vendors-are-roche-abbott-qiagen-hologic-biomerieux-myriad-genetics-cepheid--becton-dickinson-300337175.html
SOURCE Research and Markets