SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 27 /PRNewswire/ -- EE Times Group, a UBM company and the daily source of essential business and technology news, analysis and intelligence for the electronics industry's decision makers, today announced that for the first time since the launch of ESC, every EE Times Network journalist is expected to attend ESC Silicon Valley 2010 being held at the McEnery Convention Center, San Jose, California, April 26 – April 29.
"The more than twenty EE Times Network editors are among the most-read, most respected journalists in the technology business," said David Blaza, vice president of Events and Embedded Systems, EE Times Group. "ESC Silicon Valley 2010 attendees will have the rare opportunity to watch these auspicious industry experts interact as a group during panel sessions in the ESC Theater. As well, we will be honoring their extraordinary dedication to journalism excellence at a number of yet-to-be announced events."
"Having all the EE Times Network editors together at once is a great opportunity for executives and managers from ESC Silicon Valley 2010 exhibiting companies to develop closer relationships with the journalists who cover their specific technologies and market segments," said Junko Yoshida, Editor-in-Chief, EE Times/EETimes.com. "We are all looking forward to meeting with ESC exhibitors and their C-level executives for in-depth interviews."
EE Times journalists will moderate and participate in the following ESC 2010 panel sessions held in the ESC Theaters and open to all attendees:
- Panel 1: Turning on the Smart Grid: A forward-looking discussion about the challenges and opportunities for smart grid technologies including an update on the major standards efforts currently in the works, the big projects that were funded with 2009 stimulus dollars, what utilities are trying to do and how the industry is responding to the new level of activity.
- Moderator: George Leopold, Global News Director, EE Times
- Panel 2: New Horizons in Medical Electronics: An examination of emerging trends in medical electronics including networked home health systems, implantable devices, artificial "everything" and robotics in medicine.
- Moderator: Rick Merritt, Editor-at-large, EE Times
- Panel 3: Sensor Networks: the World's Smallest Embedded Internet Computers: A look at how technologies and markets are evolving for sensor networks - the next big wave of computing. What's the state of the art in ultra-small and low power computing/communications nodes? What's needed to take them to the next level?
- Moderator: Peter Clarke, European News Director, EE Times
- Panel 4: Counterfeiting - An industry menace: This hands-on panel will examine the issue of counterfeiting within the electronic components industry with specific focus on the embedded community. How widespread is the problem and what steps are companies taking to combat it? What dangers do embedded engineers need to be aware of and what resources are available for detecting and avoiding counterfeit products?
- Moderator: Bolaji Ojo, Business Editor, EE Times
EE Times Network journalists expected to attend ESC Silicon Valley 2010 include:
- Junko Yoshida, Editor-in-Chief, EE Times/EETimes.com
- George Leopold, Global News Director
- Mark LaPedus, Semiconductors Editor
- Rick Merritt, Editor-at-large
- Dylan McGrath, Editor, eetimes.com
- Nicolas Mokhoff, Editor-in-chief, EE Times Digital
- Bolaji Ojo, Business Editor
- Allan Yogasingam, Editor, EE Times Products
- Peter Clarke, European News Director
- Anne-Francoise Pele, Paris Editor, EDA
- Bernie Cole, Online Editor, embedded.com
- Susan Rambo, Managing Editor, embedded.com., Embedded Systems Design
- Colin Holland, Embedded Editor
- Patrick Mannion, Editorial Director
- Richard Nass, Director of Content/Media, EE Times Group
- Bill Schweber, Analog, Power Management and RF Editor
- Julien Happich, Editor-in-Chief, EE Times Europe
- Vivek Nanda, Executive Editor, EE Times Asia
- Yorbe Zhang, Editor-in-Chief, EE Times China
- Yoichiro Hata, Editor-in-Chief, EE Times Japan
- K.C. Krishnadas, Site Editor, TechOnline India
NOTE TO EDITORS: Media registration for ESC Silicon Valley 2010 begins February 16th. Please contact EE Times Group to schedule interviews with exhibiting company executives before and during the event:
Amy Giannini, Events Marketing Manager
About ESC Silicon Valley (http://esc-sv.techinsightsevents.com)
Held in key strategic technology development locations worldwide, the Embedded Systems Conference is the global electronics industry's leading event. With cutting edge product demonstrations, visionary speeches and hundreds of essential technical training classes and accreditation opportunities, ESC is the ideal venue for the design engineering community to learn, collaborate and recognize excellence. In addition, ESC Boston celebrates decades of unique local electronics industry culture, innovation and significant contributions to the global technology industry.
About EE Times Group (http://www.eetimesgroup.com/)
EE Times Group, a division of United Business Media [LON:UBM], is the global leader in media and marketing services for the electronics industry. We deliver results for the key influencers and decision makers involved in the design, development and commercialization of technology through our market leading brands. More than 1.1 million engineering professionals engage with the EE Times Network - EE Times, TechOnline, DesignLines, and Embedded.com - across the globe. The technology community comes to our market leading events to share, learn, discuss, and advance the critical issues and challenges facing the electronics industry. As well, EE Times Group provides end-to-end services ranging from next-generation marketing, integrated media and research.
SOURCE EE Times Group