WASHINGTON, March 8, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Results of one of the largest and most comprehensive surveys ever conducted exclusively on attitudes and perceptions of hunger will be released at a news conference in Washington, D.C., on Thursday, March 10, 2011. The survey, commissioned by the Food Research and Action Center (FRAC) in collaboration with Tyson Foods, Inc., was designed to:
- Understand the public's appreciation of the extent and causes of hunger
- Explore the gaps between the reality and public perception of hunger
- Understand how "hunger" is defined among Americans
- Understand the public's perceptions of those who are hungry
- Measure understanding of the effects of hunger, food insecurity and malnutrition
- 1:30-2:30 p.m. March 10, 2011
- National Press Club, First Amendment Room, 13th Floor, 529 14th Street N.W., Washington, D.C.
Reporters outside of Washington, D.C., are welcome to participate by phone and submit questions by email during the news conference. The teleconference number is 800-738-1032 (please call in at 1:20 p.m. EST)
Please submit questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- James Weill, President, Food Research and Action Center
- John Tyson, Chairman, Tyson Foods, Inc.
- Sara Lilygren, Senior Vice President, External Relations, Tyson Foods, Inc.
- Guy Molyneaux, Hart Research Associates
- Lynn Brantley, Executive Director, Capital Area Food Bank
Video of well-known people personally affected by hunger will also be shared.
- Jen Adach, FRAC, email@example.com, 202-986-2200, or
- Gary Mickelson, Tyson Foods, Inc., firstname.lastname@example.org, 479-290-6111
SOURCE Capital Area Food Bank