HARRISBURG, Pa., Dec. 22, 2010 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Today, the Retail Energy Supply Association (RESA), a 15-member trade association devoted to promoting vibrant and sustainable competitive energy markets and comprised of the nation's leading retail energy suppliers, announced the election of its 2011 Association Officers and State Chairs. These newly elected officers were confirmed during RESA's Annual Meeting and will form the Executive Committee. This committee, along with the state chairs, will be responsible for leading RESA as they address energy policies and regulations in the rapidly expanding competitive retail electric and natural gas markets. The RESA membership also voted to launch a new "Strategic Market Development and Advancement" Committee in 2011.
RESA's new officers will take on their leadership roles as of January 1, 2011 and include:
- President – David Fein (Constellation NewEnergy, Inc.)
- First Vice President – Richard Hudson (ConEdison Solutions, Inc.)
- Second Vice President – Melissa Lauderdale (Integrys Energy Services, Inc.)
- Secretary – Stephen Bennett (Exelon Energy Company)
- Treasurer – Roy Boston (Noble Americas Energy Solutions LLC)
- Past President – Jay Kooper (Hess Corporation)
"It is a great honor to take the helm of this dynamic organization whose dedicated members serve residential, commercial, industrial, and governmental gas and electric customers across the country," said incoming President David Fein, who is Constellation NewEnergy's Vice President of Energy Policy in the Midwest and Pennsylvania and the Director of Retail Energy Policy. "As President, I will work with the membership to preserve and enhance the competitive energy opportunities that are available to customers across the country. Competition in the energy industry is the optimal market structure as it puts downward pressure on prices, fosters innovation, creates jobs, and is a superior market structure to meet the needs of consumers. I look forward to working with my RESA colleagues, other industry stakeholders, and State and Federal regulators to further our mission of fostering vibrant and sustainable competitive energy markets."
Leading RESA in responding to and shaping state and federal electric regulatory efforts will be the 2011 Electric Caucus Chairs, who are:
- California – Tim LoCascio (Liberty Power)
- Federal – Melissa Lauderdale (Integrys Energy Services, Inc.)
- Illinois – Roy Boston (Noble Americas Energy Solutions LLC)
- Maryland/DC/Delaware – Becky Merola (Noble Americas Energy Solutions LLC)
- New England – Chris Kallaher (Direct Energy Services, LLC)
- New Jersey – Jay Kooper (Hess Corporation)
- New York – Jay Kooper (Hess Corporation)
- Pennsylvania – Richard Hudson (ConEdison Solutions, Inc.)
Leading RESA in responding to and shaping state natural gas regulatory efforts will be the 2011 Gas Caucus State Chairs, who are:
- Kentucky – Lisa Simpkins (Constellation NewEnergy, Inc.)
- Michigan – Lisa Simpkins (Constellation NewEnergy, Inc.)
- New York – Kristyn Noeth (Hess Corporation)
- Ohio – Teresa Ringenbach (Direct Energy Services, LLC)
- Pennsylvania – Kristyn Noeth (Hess Corporation)
RESA's new "Strategic Market Development and Advancement" Committee will be dedicated to developing proposals and recommendations for the enhancement and further expansion of competitive markets. Joanna Hamrick, General Counsel, Energy Plus Holdings, LLC will lead this new RESA Committee.
"I have watched with pride as RESA, during my presidency, expanded its efforts from an 8-member regional electric-focused organization to a preeminent national energy trade association with 15 members committed to the advocacy of vibrant and sustainable retail electric and gas markets in more than 15 states and at the federal level," said Jay Kooper, Director of Regulatory Affairs at Hess Corporation and RESA's outgoing President. "Establishing this new Strategic Market Development and Advancement Committee to develop proactive solutions for expanding the benefits of retail competition for an even greater number of consumers is just one more example of RESA's direction and growth. Under David's leadership, I know RESA will continue to build on these accomplishments and reach even greater heights. I congratulate David and look forward to working with him as we move into a new decade of expanded retail energy competition."
RESA's members include ConEdison Solutions; Constellation NewEnergy, Inc.; Direct Energy Services, LLC; Energy Plus Holdings, LLC; Exelon Energy Company; GDF SUEZ Energy Resources NA, Inc.; Green Mountain Energy Company; Hess Corporation; Integrys Energy Services, Inc.; Just Energy; Liberty Power; NextEra Energy Services; Noble Americas Energy Solutions LLC; PPL EnergyPlus; Reliant Energy Northeast LLC. For more information, contact RESA Executive Director Tracy McCormick at (717) 566-5405 or go to www.RESAUSA.org.
SOURCE Retail Energy Supply Association