SAN FRANCISCO, Sept. 16, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Revel Systems®, the world's leading Point of Sale made for iPad, today announced that it is helping enterprise organizations offer faster, more efficient service, streamline operations and ultimately grow their businesses by leveraging Revel's iOS and iPad-based Point of Sale solutions.
On Apple's July 21, Q3 2015 conference call, the company's CFO Luca Maestri mentioned that Apple is working with business software and solution providers, including Revel Systems, to bring innovative, iPad-based mobile solutions to a broad range of customers.
The iPad has consistently been the tablet of choice in enterprise settings and both Revel and Apple have seen a high interest from organizations looking to use iPads to transform how work gets done.
"iOS and iPad have been the foundation of our Point of Sale platform from day one and we're looking forward to introducing a rapidly growing audience of entrepreneurial business owners to our intuitive, secure solution," said Lisa Falzone, co-founder and CEO of Revel Systems. "We're excited to continue working with Apple to help drive mobile-led business transformation for our customers as they grow their businesses."
As an Apple mobility partner, Revel iPad Point of Sale platform includes complete front-end order entry, POS system and payment processing, back-end personnel scheduling, time clock and payroll, inventory management, comprehensive product/menu management and advanced reporting to successfully measure and optimize business performance. The company's all-in-one systems are made to scale and can be implemented with any establishment, whether it's a small business or a large enterprise.
Since its founding in 2010, Revel has a rich history of innovation on the iPad/iOS platform and has secured many industry firsts around Point of Sale technology, such as:
- Only system of its kind that can be specifically tailored across industries, including restaurants, retail, stadiums, grocery stores and other sectors.
- First iPad POS solution to accept Apple Pay technology
- First to send payment data through data port
- First to print directly from an iPad to a receipt printer
- First to offer a patent-pending, cabled Ethernet connection, enabling enterprises to utilize a secure wired, always-on Ethernet connection to power their Revel iPad POS systems and achieve more secure and robust networking as an alternative to WiFi
Additional key milestones include:
- Worldwide customer base: Deployed more than 10,000 Revel iPad Point of Sale terminals globally.
- Largest POS partnership: Joined forces with Intuit in the largest partnership in the point of sale space to elevate the merchant experience with a joint solution that automatically syncs sales, payments, inventory, CRM and payroll data to QuickBooks.
- Largest iPad Point of Sale deployment: Rollout of the largest deployment of iPad POS systems to date, across 700 Smoothie King Franchises Inc. stores worldwide. Smoothie King selected Revel's technology for its infinite scalability and ability to streamline operations, from guest order entry and payment processing to inventory and back-end management and reporting.
- Strong financial backing: Secured $100 million in funding to bolster support and operations to meet fast-growing sales and high customer demand.
About Revel Systems®
Revel Systems, the leading Point of Sale made for iPad was founded in 2010 in San Francisco with the goal of changing the Point of Sale market. Founders Lisa Falzone and Christopher Ciabarra developed a quick, intuitive and secure iOS-based Point of Sale system by combining cloud-based technology and the mobility of the Apple iPad. Revel Systems software offers a feature-rich POS solution for restaurant, retail and enterprises with integrated payroll, inventory tracking, customer relationship management and more. With the introduction of the Revel Marketplace, Revel iPad POS System users can now integrate directly into third-party enhancements, including mobile payments, online ordering, gift or reward cards and advanced financial software suites. For more information on the new standard in Point of Sale, please visit http://www.revelsystems.com.
Richard L. Tso
Communique PR for Revel Systems
SOURCE Revel Systems Inc