DETROIT, May 4, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Reverie®, an innovative leader in sleep technology for more than a decade, today announced its "Reverie® for Exhausted Moms" campaign, designed to offer information and inspiration to expecting and new moms to get the sleep they need. Sleeping during pregnancy is all too often an uncomfortable experience and parents of newborns lose an estimated two hours of sleep per night: so Reverie is on a mission to help expecting and new moms make the most of that precious rest they do get—whether sleeping, nursing, recovering, or simply relaxing—just in time for Mother's Day and Better Sleep Month (May).
Reverie's power beds help moms maximize sleep and comfort throughout pregnancy and after delivery. Parents can easily elevate their head and feet with the touch of a button to find their most comfortable position as their bodies change, raise the head to comfortably nurse in bed, get in and out of bed easily after a c-section without straining abdominal muscles, relax with a gentle wave massage, or turn on a subtle under-bed nightlight to guide their way in the middle of the night (a perfect feature for nighttime feedings).
"Getting a good night's sleep is essential, especially as a mom. When you have the job of raising humans, it's vital that you are well rested to ensure that you are physically and emotionally healthy," says Reproductive Endocrinologist and Infertility Specialist Dr. Amelia Bailey, a Reverie sleep advisory board member and mother of two. "Reverie wants moms to know that whether catching much-needed shut-eye, nursing, playing, or relaxing with a good book, they should make every moment in bed count to be the best mom and role model possible."
For pregnant women and moms of young kids, Dr. Bailey offers four helpful tips in getting a good night's sleep:
- When you have a baby or young kids, sleep when you can. This seems obvious, but don't be afraid to ask a friend or family member to come hold the baby while you get some much-needed shuteye. You'll be more focused and better able to safely function after some rest.
- Many women feel warmer during pregnancy, so use bed sheets in natural, breathable fibers, sleep with a fan, or crank down your thermostat before bed to ensure you're able to sleep at an optimal temperature.
- Be kind to yourself. There are a lot of things to stress about as a mother of young kids, but just take a deep breath, get rest when you can, and try to savor the quiet moments with your newborn.
In tandem with the campaign, Reverie also unveiled the following resources:
- The Reverie New Mom Workout – this unique and entertaining "workout" for expectant and new moms features non-conventional burpees and sit-ups.
- The Night Owl e-newsletter, featuring timely tips and content specially designed for new moms and mom-somniacs, will be distributed at 2 a.m. twice weekly.
- Articles specifically for pregnant and new moms to provide them relevant information for this time in their lives.
- A designated hashtag to encourage mothers to share their stories on social media through #momsneedsleep. Submit your own "mom workout" on Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #momsneedsleep to win two Reverie® Sweet Slumber pillows.
To further support the brand's digital advertising efforts, Reverie will be heard on five of the most-listened to parenting podcasts over the next few months, including Precious Little Sleep, Atomic Moms, and Informed Pregnancy Podcast.
Founded in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, in 2003, Reverie is a revolutionary sleep technology company dedicated to helping people sleep better so they can live better lives. Rooted in its mastery of sleep science, Reverie believes everybody is unique and needs customized sleep solutions that fit their individual needs. As a result, the company has become known for its patented DreamCell™ latex foam springs which may be easily reconfigured to adjust firmness levels. Combined with its award-winning adjustable bases, Reverie is dedicated to providing the most comfortable sleep possible. Visit www.reverie.com for more information and follow us at www.facebook.com/reverie/, Twitter and Instagram.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/reverie-for-exhausted-moms-campaign-launches-in-time-for-mothers-day-300451287.html