SAN JOSE, Calif., Oct. 14 /PRNewswire/ -- Rhomobile today announced Rhodes 2.2, the newest version of the cross-platform smartphone app development framework for building native apps for all major smartphones (iPhone, Windows Mobile, Android, BlackBerry, Symbian). Rhodes 2.2 features support for Bluetooth, Calendar and Android Cloud to Device Messaging.
"Rhodes provides developers with a flexible and robust framework for building information-rich applications for all smartphones," said Adam Blum, CEO of Rhomobile. "With Rhodes 2.2 we expand our support of native device capabilities, while making it easy to implement Android's efficient cloud-based push technology."
Rhodes 2.2 features calendar and Bluetooth support. Now Rhodes developers can write native applications for all leading smartphones, which access and create events in the native device calendar. For geolocation applications, for example, end users can add events, places or notifications direct to their device calendar. With Bluetooth support developers can add another layer of connectivity to their Rhodes apps, providing a power efficient communications protocol to transfer data between other smartphones and hand-held devices.
Rhodes 2.2 Features:
- NEW: Bluetooth capability
- NEW: Calendar support
- NEW: Support for Android Cloud to Device Messaging
- EXCLUSIVE: Model View Controller framework
- EXCLUSIVE: Object Relational Manager (ORM)
- EXCLUSIVE: Support for Push Synchronized Data on all platforms
- Hosted build and app provisioning with RhoHub
- Allows users to work with synced local data for rapid access and ease of operation when disconnected or offline
- Barcode, signature capture and optimized native styling for all devices
- Full access to device capabilities: GPS, audio and video, PIM contacts, accelerometer, native mapping, camera, calendar
Rhomobile Inc. offers the world's leading open source framework for enterprise mobility. Founded in 2008, the company's award winning software has thousands of active developers and is ideal for independent software vendors, system integrators and enterprises of all sizes. Rhomobile offers a comprehensive, modern, highly adaptable, and low cost solution for today's smartphone app developer. Rhomobile, headquartered in San Jose, CA, is a privately held company with backing from vSpring Capital. For more information, please visit www.Rhomobile.com.
Rhomobile, Rhodes and RhoSync are registered trademarks of Rhomobile, Inc. All other registered or unregistered trademarks are the sole property of their respective owners.