Session Border Controller 5400 joins extensive portfolio of Ribbon solutions available on the DISA Approved Products List; all designed to deliver advanced communications and security capabilities
WESTFORD, Mass., March 17, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Ribbon Communications Inc. (Nasdaq: RBBN), a global software leader in secure and intelligent cloud communications solutions, today announced that its Session Border Controller 5400 (SBC 5400) has been certified by the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) and is now available for deployment by DoD agencies within their communications network. The Ribbon SBC 5400 was specifically designed to deliver high performance and scale while protecting large enterprise networks such as the DoD. In addition, the SBC 5400 provides complete security, without any performance impact, via encryption, Denial of Service (DoS) and Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack detection and prevention, and dynamic black-listing of rogue endpoints.
The DoD's Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Joint Interoperability Test Command (JITC) certification is the culmination of a stringent process that tests solutions for quality, security, interoperability and reliability. Once solutions have achieved JITC certification, they are placed on the DISA Approved Products List (APL).
"The Ribbon SBC 5400 allows the DoD and its agencies to protect critical communications infrastructure from sophisticated threats and cyber-attacks using the latest in encryption technology," said Tony Scarfo, EVP, Products, R&D, Support and Supply Chain for Ribbon. "Designed to support high scale media and transcoding sessions, while also providing advanced support for multi-media traffic, the Ribbon SBC 5400 enables the DoD to future-proof its communications network while delivering advanced protection against SIP-based attacks."
"Ribbon is fully committed to helping improve and protect the DoD's communications network with our advanced real-time communications and security solutions," said Jim Dertzbaugh, Vice President of US Sales for Ribbon. "We are extremely proud to offer the DoD a comprehensive, best-of-breed solutions set that the Department can confidently and safely invest in to protect and enhance its mission-critical communications network."
Ribbon's extensive list of JITC-certified solutions for voice, video, security and desktop collaboration available on the DISA APL include the SBC Software Edition (SWe), SBC 7000, SBC 5110, SBC 5210, Voice Exchange 900 (VX 900), G5 Media Gateway, SBC 5000 series as part of the Microsoft Skype for Business solution and the Application Server (as both an Enterprise and Local Session Controller).
- Ribbon's SBC 5400 has achieved JITC certification, delivering high performance, high scale communications capabilities and advanced network protection against SIP-based attacks to the DoD and its agencies.
- The Ribbon SBC 5400 is designed to provide large enterprises, such as the DoD with advanced support for high scale media and transcoding sessions while providing enhanced support for multi-media traffic.
- Ribbon has a longstanding history with deploying carrier-grade solutions in the DoD communications network. The DoD has leveraged Ribbon's carrier-class Application Server for one of the largest VoIP deployments (50,000-plus seats) in the agency's history.
- Ribbon's comprehensive set of advanced communications and security solutions available on the APL include the SBC Software Edition (SWe), SBC 7000, SBC 5110, SBC 5210, Voice Exchange 900 (VX 900), G5 Media Gateway, SBC 5000 series as part of the Microsoft Skype for Business solution and the Application Server (as both an Enterprise and Local Session Controller).
- Ribbon is continually adding to and upgrading its comprehensive portfolio of JITC-certified solutions with the latest examples including key software upgrades to the Application Server and G5 Media Gateway.
Ribbon Communications (Nasdaq: RBBN) delivers global communications software and network solutions to service providers, enterprises, and critical infrastructure sectors. We engage deeply with our customers, helping them modernize their networks for improved competitive positioning and business outcomes in today's smart, always-on and data-hungry world. Our innovative, end-to-end solutions portfolio delivers unparalleled scale, performance, agility and automation and includes optical and packet networking, core to edge IP solutions, UCaaS/ CPaaS cloud offers, and leading-edge software security and analytics tools. To learn more, visit rbbn.com.
Important Information Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
The information in this release contains forward-looking statements regarding future events that involve risks and uncertainties, including statements regarding delivering certain benefits and value to customers. All statements other than statements of historical facts contained in this release are forward-looking statements. The actual results of Ribbon Communications may differ materially from those contemplated by the forward-looking statements. For further information regarding risks and uncertainties associated with Ribbon Communications' business, please refer to the "Risk Factors" section of Ribbon Communications' most recent annual or quarterly report filed with the SEC. Any forward-looking statements represent Ribbon Communications' views only as of the date on which such statement is made and should not be relied upon as representing Ribbon Communications' views as of any subsequent date. While Ribbon Communications may elect to update forward-looking statements at some point, Ribbon Communications specifically disclaims any obligation to do so.
SOURCE Ribbon Communications Inc.