MALIBU, Calif., July 21, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Preeminent young chefs representing six of the most exceptional restaurants in the United States have been named as competitors in the eagerly awaited 2016 Culinary Masters Competition, established and hosted by the international luxury lifestyle authority Robb Report.
Robb Report's fourth annual Culinary Masters will feature a diverse lineup of rising stars—each representing a different U.S. region—selected specifically for the competition by six internationally acclaimed master chefs. Nominees will participate in a series of competition dinners, which will be judged by a select group of Robb Report readers and editors.
The nominees for this year's prestigious Culinary Masters award are:
- John Becker, whose eclectic style is spotlighted on one of the country's most innovative restaurant menus at the Progress in San Francisco, Calif.; nominated by master chef Michael White.
- Phillip Bryant, who brings a global sensibility to new Southern cuisine as the chef at The Local: Craft Food & Drink in Coral Gables, Fla.; nominated by master chef Norman Van Aken.
- Patrick Campbell, who expertly employs both classic French and experimental techniques, is the chef and a partner at Cafe ArtScience in Cambridge, Mass.; nominated by master chef Barbara Lynch.
- Justin Devillier, a specialist in New Orleans and Creole classics and the owner and chef of La Petite Grocery and Balise in New Orleans, La.; nominated by master chef John Besh.
- Kim Floresca and Daniel Ryan, chefs at One in Chapel Hill, N.C., who together transform the bounty of North Carolina into haute cuisine; nominated by master chef Christopher Kostow.
- Lee Wolen, a maestro of modern Mediterranean-American cooking and the chef at Chicago's Boka Restaurant; nominated by master chef Curtis Duffy.
Judges will discuss and rate their dining experiences with each of the nominating master chefs, who offer stories, personality, and perspective. Ultimately, the judges' ratings will be tabulated and their choice of Robb Report's New Culinary Master for 2016 will be announced in the magazine's January issue, iPad and tablet apps, and websites, and in video.
This fall, each master chef and his or her nominee will be featured in the home-page media bar on RobbReport.com, highlighted on the Robb Report Facebook page, and presented to followers on Twitter and Instagram using the hashtag #RobbMasterChefs. All online postings will provide a link to RobbReport.com/CulinaryMasters.
SOURCE Robb Report