SAN FRANCISCO, Dec. 17, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Robertson Stephens, a wealth management firm with offices in San Francisco and New York, today announced its official launch with sponsorship from private equity firm Long Arc Capital. In this new era, the firm's mission is to redefine wealth management for high net worth clients by being a fiduciary that leads with its investment strategy and provides comprehensive services via its intelligent digital offering.
As part of the launch, Robertson Stephens has assembled an accomplished management team to execute on its strategic vision led by CEO and Chief Investment Officer Stuart Katz, former President of the Heyman Enterprise, a multi asset class single family office and previously a Managing Director at Goldman Sachs & Co.'s Principal Investment Area where he was Co-Head of Financial Institutions focused on private equity and credit investing. The other team members are:
- CFO David Westbrook, former CFO of Rockefeller & Co., a $18 billion investment advisory firm;
- COO Vikram Chugh, former director at BlackRock Solutions and Corporate Strategy & Development;
- CCO Mike Curley, former CCO of First Republic Securities, overseeing more than 600 licensed reps.
- Chief of Business Development John Murray, founding member at Advance Venture Partners previously at GCA Corporation, and formerly at Robertson Stephens, and
- Head of Alternatives Ren Riley, former General Partner at Oak Investment Partners and formerly at Robertson Stephens.
Several members of the management team invested in the business alongside Long Arc Capital earlier in 2018.
In an effort to attract and retain industry-best talent and align incentives, Robertson Stephens has structured the business whereby management and advisors will have an equity interest in the company. The wealth management team is led by Jeanette Garretty, Danny Rozansky, Michael Tierney, and Michael Zaninovich, who have an average experience of over 25 years in the financial services industry.
"The wealth managers, management and Long Arc have a shared commitment for the long-term success of this firm and its clients," said Robertson Stephens CEO and CIO Stuart Katz. "Long Arc's insight, guidance and support allows us to continue managing our business while executing on our strategic vision, which includes our four pillars for client success. As we reinvent wealth together, we're cognizant that wealth is more than just financial assets. It includes legacy, family, relationships, reputation, and ultimately well-being. In sum, we support clients and advisors to achieve their goals with confidence and ease."
Robertson Stephens is aiming to transform wealth management for high-net worth clients with its four-pillar offering, which both clients and advisors alike seek, but few firms provide:
- Client's best interest is the first priority for the company, always offering unbiased advice;
- Access to high-quality alpha generating investments for clients using a rigorous process for a well-rounded approach to public and private investing;
- Intelligent digital solutions that provide a real-time, comprehensive view across investments to deliver actionable insights;
- Building a legacy for the client by providing family office services including tax, estate, and philanthropic planning
"The wealth management industry will undergo significant changes due to evolving demographic trends, customer expectations, and technology advancements," said Gaurav Bhandari, Managing Partner of Long Arc Capital. "The team at Robertson Stephens has created a wealth management offering with an excellent value proposition for both clients and advisors in the marketplace."
About Robertson Stephens
Robertson Stephens is an independent SEC-registered investment advisor with offices in San Francisco and New York that provides wealth management solutions for high net worth individuals and family offices nationwide. Robertson Stephens is committed to conflict free advice, strong investment outcomes, sophisticated digital solutions and high-quality client services. For more information please visit: https://rscapital.com.
About Long Arc Capital
Long Arc Capital LP ("Long Arc") is a private equity firm based in New York dedicated to building and scaling breakthrough businesses. Founded in 2016, Long Arc has six Principals with significant investing and operating experience. The firm has a philosophy of "active ownership" and works with entrepreneurs and management teams to build successful businesses.
Investment advisory services offered through Robertson Stephens Wealth Management, LLC, ("RSWM"). RSWM is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Robertson Stephens Holdings, LLC and is an affiliate of Long Arc Capital LP. Additional disclosure information may be found on the firm's Form ADV which is available at https://www.adviserinfo.sec.gov. This material is intended for informational purposes only and does not constitute an offer to buy or sell any securities.
SOURCE Robertson Stephens