ATLANTA, March 2, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Saints & Sinners - Bounce TV's first original drama and the first-ever original dramatic series by an emerging broadcast television network - world premieres this Sunday, March 6 at 9:00 p.m. (ET) on Bounce TV.
(NOTE TO MEDIA: Click here to watch the pilot episode on the Saints & Sinners Press Site.)
In Saints & Sinners, Greater Hope Baptist Church is the heartbeat of Cypress, GA, a large southern town outside Atlanta. As times changed and Cypress grew, so did Greater Hope's influence. With the return of a prodigal son and a shocking crime that rattles the core of the community, long-kept secrets, deceit, jealousy and compromising sexual affairs threaten to demolish the heart of the church and shatter the lives of those within it. For it seems at Greater Hope, only God and the devil can tell the difference between a saint and a sinner.
Bounce TV will premiere new episodes of Saints & Sinners Sunday nights at 9:00 p.m. (ET); click here to find local Bounce TV channel information.
Saints & Sinners all-star cast includes:
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Shameless, Coming to America) as Lady Ella, a beauty queen with a business mind and the power behind the throne as Pastor Evan Johnson's wife.
- Christian Keyes (Mistresses, Let's Stay Together) plays Levi, the prodigal son who returns to his hometown after a successful run on Wall Street.
- Keith Robinson (Dreamgirls, This Christmas) portrays Miles Calloway, a former R&B star, one hit wonder, now serving as the minister of music at Greater Hope.
- Clifton Powell (Ray, Murder in the First) is Rex Fisher, a ruthless local loan shark with his hand in many of the dealings in town.
- Gloria Reuben (Mr. Robot, ER) as Mayor Pamela Clayborne, a former prosecutor whose secrets are catching up to her.
- J.D. Williams (The Wire, The Good Wife) as Jabari, Levi's cousin who also works for Rex and is torn between family and business.
- Jasmine Burke (The Vampire Diaries, Army Wives) is Dr. Christie Johnson, the daughter and only living child of Pastor and Mrs. Johnson, who tends to local patients but has her own private issues.
- Afemo Omilami (Hunger Games: Catching Fire, Forrest Gump) plays Detective St. Charles.
- Richard Lawson (Numb3rs, Wag the Dog) as the beloved Pastor Evan Johnson, who is harboring many dark doings from his faithful believers.
Saints & Sinners is being produced in partnership with Swirl Film's Eric Tomosunas (Undershepard, 35 and Ticking).
Bounce TV is the only emerging broadcast network (Seen on the broadcast signals of local television stations with corresponding cable carriage) producing original scripted series. The network's three originally-produced sitcoms Mann & Wife (First Season), In The Cut (First Season) and Family Time (Third Season) all set network records for viewership in 2015.
Bounce TV is the fastest-growing African-American (AA) network on television and features a programming mix of original and off-network series, theatrical motion pictures, specials, live sports and more. Bounce TV has grown to be available in more than 93.5 million homes across the United States and 93% of all African American television homes, including all of the top AA television markets. Among the founders of Bounce TV are iconic American figures Martin Luther King, III and Ambassador Andrew Young.
Contact: Jim Weiss 770-672-6504 JWeiss@BounceTV.com
SOURCE Bounce TV