RIDGEFIELD PARK, N.J., Nov. 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Samsung Techwin America, a leader in consumer video monitoring and security products, today, announced the availability of its next generation Wi-Fi IP outdoor camera, the SmartCam HD Outdoor. The camera is now available at major retailers including Best Buy, Fry's Electronics and major online retailers such as Amazon.com and Newegg.com.
The newest addition to Samsung's robust IP camera lineup outshines other outdoor video surveillance options, boasting simple setup and installation, full 1080p HD streaming video (up to 720p on handheld mobile devices) and a 128-degree ultra-wide angle field of view allowing consumers to monitor a wide perspective of daytime and nighttime outdoor activity via website or mobile device. The most unique feature of the SmartCam HD Outdoor camera is the dual component design in which the camera and lens stay outside (IP 66 weatherproof) while the Wi-Fi module and power supply are placed inside, connected by a cable. This ensures a strong Wi-Fi signal reaches the device and solves the problem of powering the camera since in most cases power is not readily available outside. The SmartCam HD Outdoor also features a built-in microSD memory card slot, which allows for secure video storage while eliminating any monthly cloud recording fees.
"Having the ability to monitor activity occurring outside of the home or business in real- time is important to ensuring a safe environment indoors," said Mike Palazzolo, VP of Marketing and Sales, Samsung Techwin America. "In the connected world we live in, being able to receive motion detection alerts and check in on your home via a mobile device is a necessity; the SmartCam HD Outdoor allows for users to ensure their home, family and pets are safe and secure from anywhere in the world."
The SmartCam HD Outdoor brings advanced features and specifications to consumers, ensuring a vastly superior viewing experience, providing peace-of-mind for monitoring property, pets and family from afar:
- Dual Component Design: The device has been designed to withstand the elements and has been engineered by Samsung with a discreet and sophisticated dual-component design. The IP66 weather-resistant camera can be placed anywhere outside while the power and Wi-Fi module remains inside, connected with a single network cable connection. This innovative design allows for placement anywhere outside while maintaining a sleek profile, resists tampering, eliminates the need for an electrical outlet outside and allows for the Wi-Fi module to remain indoors for a stronger signal.
- High-Quality Video: With a 2MP, 1/2.8-inch CMOS sensor, the SmartCam HD Outdoor offers superb detail no matter how dimly lit the environment may be. The large CMOS sensor allows more amounts of light to be captured, yielding more dynamic colors and details in the video compared to a smaller size sensor.
- Night Vision Capability: Infrared LEDs provide true day and night viewing to the user and comes with a night vision mode, providing a range of up to 50 feet.
- Local Storage on MicroSD card: Video can be recorded directly to the camera via a microSD slot, which can support a card up to 32GB. Depending on efficiency and viewing habits, recording can be set for continuous or based on motion triggered events. The locally saved video can also be accessed and viewed remotely from a mobile device.
- Live Video Monitoring: The free SmartCam app allows users to view live footage of their home or business from anywhere in the world.
- Real-Time Alerts: The device can also be set up to automatically record video when motion is detected within the frame, or through a user-defined area. Users can select to have alerts of motion detection sent in real time via email or push notifications to their mobile device. A truly valuable feature, this notification technology keeps safety and security paramount as it allows users to instantly respond to any events, such as a criminal break in or a child waking up, while providing stored video footage of events that can be reviewed and shared.
- Low Bandwidth Usage: With Samsung's highly efficient bandwidth utilization, and by applying advanced compression technology, the SmartCam HD Outdoor's video is streamed using only 30 percent of the network bandwidth of other IP cameras. This highly efficient method of transmitting video combined with the fact that Samsung SmartCam HD cameras only transmit video and use bandwidth when an event occurs or the camera is being viewed from a mobile device, ensures much less strain on the network as well as seamless video transfer even when there is limited network bandwidth available.
- Easy to use and quick set-up: The SmartCam HD Outdoor allow for simple setup using Wi-Fi Direct which can be accomplished on any an Android® or iOS® device in a matter of minutes. Customers only need to download the free SmartCam app and follow the simple wizard‑like process.
The Samsung SmartCam HD Outdoor is now available at all Best Buy stores, Fry's Electronics, Newegg.com and Amazon.com and retails for $229. The SmartCam app can be downloaded for free from the iTunes App Store or Google Play Store.
For additional information regarding Samsung Techwin America consumer video monitoring and security products, please visit www.samsung.com.
About Samsung Techwin America
Samsung Techwin is a leading supplier of advanced video surveillance solutions. Building on the company's history of innovation, Samsung Techwin is dedicated to providing system solutions with the highest levels of performance, reliability and cost-efficiency. As a subsidiary of a $117 billion international market maker, Samsung Techwin is committed to the continued development of innovative products for professional and consumer security applications.
SOURCE Samsung Techwin America