KANSAS CITY, Mo., April 1, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- The Angel Capital Association (ACA) expects more than 700 angels and other early stage startup experts in San Diego April 14-16, to share strategies, ideas and investing best practices at the 2015 ACA Summit, the largest assembly of angel investors in the world. ACA is actively professionalizing the vocation. In the 10 years since its founding ACA has built a collective of 12,000+ angels across North America, and aligns like-minded angels to build their early-stage investment skills and share innovative ideas and practices. Professional angel investing is important considering the impact angels have on startups, job growth and the economy. In 2013 nearly 300,000 American angels invested an estimated $24.8 billion in more than 70,000 investment rounds, accounting for 90 percent of outside equity that startups receive after friends and family.
"The angel investment cycle of invest, do well and reinvest is critical to keeping angels in the game, startups funded and the economic growing," stated ACA Executive Director Marianne Hudson. "Angels turn to ACA and the Summit to fast-track their professional investing skills with formal skill-building sessions and informal meetings to share ideas. The event is a great chance for angels to leverage the ten years' of ACA's collective membership investment expertise while in San Diego, a top city for tech and life science investment."
Accredited investors and professionals who support startup growth can still register for the 2015 ACA Summit and join many of the world's most sophisticated and experienced angel investors who have already registered. Themes from the agenda include:
- The rise of the professional investor
- The changing angel investing landscape
- The growing influence of women angel investors, and
- Ensuring strong angel impact and financial returns
Highlights of the more than 40 sessions, round tables and breakouts include:
- Keynote by Steve Blank, serial entrepreneur, author, educator and founder of the Lean LaunchPad concept
- 2014 angel group trends collected from more than 200 angel groups presented by noted angel researcher Robert Wiltbank in Halo Report and the future of ACA by Chairman David Verrill
- Keynotes from CEOs who founded their companies with angel backing and took them public: Steve Streit Green Dot and Tom Tullie of ecoATM
- Investing lessons and tips from top angels Geoff Entress, Jean Hammond and Dusan Stojanovic, who collectively have made 200+ investments
- Highly anticipated announcements of the Hans Severiens Award, honoring the individual who most advances angel investing and the Luis Villalobos Award, honoring the most innovative companies funded by ACA members, will be announced at April 15th
- The latest on the changing landscape of early stage investing, with a series of sessions on crowdfunding, accredited online platforms, accelerators, general solicitation and the new Regulation A+.
- Investment trends in life sciences, energy technology, and wearable technology
The ACA Summit is supported by annual partners, premier sponsors and many other sponsors, each offering exceptional services to entrepreneurs and angels. These offerings will be on display in at the Summit exhibit hall. This year's host is the Tech Coast Angels, a world respected angel group which has invested more than $120 million in 200 startups and includes 300 members spanning five chapters in Southern California.
About Angel Capital Association (ACA)
The Angel Capital Association is the leading professional and trade association focused on fueling the success of accredited angel investors and portfolio companies in high-growth, early-stage ventures. ACA is the voice of the angel industry, providing comprehensive services in support of members working in angel groups, through portals and individually. ACA provides professional development, public policy advocacy and significant benefits and resources to its membership of 220 angel groups and more than 12,000 individual accredited investors. www.angelcapitalassociation.org; @ACAAngelCapital; #ACAAngelSummit
Cheryl Isen, Media Relations for Angel Capital Association
SOURCE Angel Capital Association