ORLANDO, Fla., Dec. 24, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- AirTran Airways, a subsidiary of AirTran Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: AAI), is issuing its third and final annual Satellite-based Aviation Navigational Tracking Apparatus (S.A.N.T.A.) report. The following information regarding Santa Claus' international flight is based on data from AirTran Airways' System Operations Control Center in Orlando:
Analysis of satellite patterns show that Santa's team of reindeer showed off their precision flying by performing a geometrically perfect figure eight around Copenhagen, Denmark, before rocketing across the North Sea.
- Satellites tracked Santa to The Big Apple, where he was spotted trotting through Central Park West, sipping on hot chocolate and nibbling on iconic New York Black & White cookies.
- Once the cold air had taken its toll, Rudolph, Comet, Cupid and the rest of the crew guided Santa down the coast to Florida, where he was spotted in South Beach. Despite the season, Miami's unusually warm air swayed Santa to hit a few waves.
- After surfing some crisp, Atlantic waves, the jolly old gift bearer dried himself off, hopped back in the sleigh and directed his eight reindeer to Costa Rica for a quick zip line journey through the rain forest.
- Satellite signals were lost as Santa entered the Caribbean Sea.
- It is apparent that Santa is heading back stateside – it is AirTran Airways' recommendation that all believers have their milk and cookies ready in anticipation of his arrival.
On behalf of AirTran Airways Crew Members, the S.A.N.T.A. Team would like to wish everyone a safe and happy holiday season. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL, AND TO ALL A GOOD FLIGHT!
AirTran Airways is a Fortune 1000 company and has been ranked the number one low cost carrier in the Airline Quality Rating study for the past three years. AirTran Airways is the only major airline with Gogo Inflight Internet on every flight and offers coast-to-coast service on North America's newest all-Boeing fleet. Our low-cost, high-quality product also includes assigned seating, Business Class and complimentary XM Satellite Radio on every flight. To book a flight, visit www.airtran.com.
SOURCE AirTran Airways