WASHINGTON, April 20, 2015 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The following is a summary of the daily press briefing held today in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, on the developments of Operation Decisive Storm. The briefing was conducted by Brig. Gen. Ahmed bin Hasan Asiri, advisor in the Office of the Minister of Defense.
- Coalition forces lauded the defection of Yemeni military commanders in support of legitimacy in their country.
- Humanitarian relief continues. A ship carrying aid arrived at the port of Aden. On its return, a number of those wounded were transported to Djibouti for medical care.
- Coalition forces are focused on blocking Houthi militias on the ground, protecting the civilians, providing support for relief, evacuation and humanitarian operations, and restoring legitimacy and providing protection to it.
- The coalition forces have received intelligence reports indicating that Houthi militias are planning to carry out attacks along the border with Saudi Arabia.
- Yesterday, Houthi militias targeted a border post in the Najran Sector as a result of the pressure mounted on them in the region of Saada and the surrounding areas.
- It has been reported that some Houthi militias are committing suicide missions near the Saudi border.
- Houthi militias launched heavy fire yesterday which killed a border guard and injured others, a move that prompted Saudi Land Forces and Border Guards to respond accordingly, driving the Houthi militias away.
- Coalition forces continue to provide support for popular committees and resistance in Taiz.
- Coalition forces destroyed a major weapons depot at Faj Attan mountain at the outskirts of Sana'a.
- Coalition forces warned Yemeni tribes against working with Houthi militias that they may be vulnerable to coalition airstrikes.
For updates on Operation Decisive Storm, please visit www.operationdecisivestorm.com
SOURCE Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia, Information Office