SAN FRANCISCO, May 8, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Aveo Vision, the pioneer of healthy, affordable and comfortable contact lenses, today announces the launch of Aveo Joy, the first direct-to-consumer daily contact lens specifically created for individuals with astigmatism. Aveo Joy is dedicated to offering users a technologically-advanced toric lens designed with all-day comfort and convenience in mind. Aveo Joy is now available for pre-orders and will begin shipping in June 2019.
Where it stands today, the contact lens industry is complicated and riddled with excessive markups, which forces contact lens wearers to cut corners and ultimately, compromise their own eye health in order to save money or to avoid the hassle of visiting the eye doctor. Aveo Vision aims to change this by being the only subscription-based direct-to-consumer daily contact lens company that is vertically integrated, meaning they own both the manufacturing and distribution of all of their contact lenses. By taking out the hassle and streamlining the process, Aveo Vision is making eye health a critical component to any wellness routine. Today, Aveo Joy joins Aveo Hello—the advanced, affordable, all-day-comfortable daily contacts. Aveo Joy is the first of its kind to address a clear need in the market (30% of contact lens wearers require toric lenses for astigmatism). With this launch, Aveo Hello and Aveo Joy now accommodate for approximately 90% of contact lens users.
"A little over a year ago, I set out to disrupt the contact lens industry and develop a brand that was dedicated to putting eye health at the forefront of the wellness space in an accessible, sustainable way," says CEO Cecile Thai. "It all started from my own personal experience with bad eye care habits that threatened my vision. From that, I wanted to create a brand that would change your entire contact lens experience—how you order them, how they fit into your life and how you feel about wearing them. Our mission is to make eye health an important lifestyle choice by removing the many obstacles consumers face when navigating the old school contact lens industry."
About Aveo Joy: At $55 per month ($45/month pre-order offer), Aveo Joy is the first direct-to-consumer daily contact lens specifically designed for individuals with astigmatism. Key features and technology specifications include:
- AquaLock: Aveo lenses are 58% water and feature exclusive AquaLock technology for a refreshing cushion of all-day moisture.
- BlissEdge: For a no-slip fit, Aveo incorporates their unique BlissEdge design to keep the lens centered. BlissEdge also reduces friction and irritation, and allows for more water and oxygen to travel through the lens.
- SteadyView: Aveo Joy features a proprietary SteadyView toric design combined with aspheric optics to eliminate distortion for sharp HD vision across the entire lens.
- UVA/UVB protection: Aveo Joy has built-in Class II UV blockers to protect eyes from 97% of UVB and 87% of UVA radiation.
- Breathability: The premium Omafilcon A lens provides high oxygen permeability for optimal eye health.
- Natural biocompatibility: Aveo Joy is naturally biocompatible with no added artificial agents, making the contacts gentler on sensitive eyes — as well as more sustainable, since they take less water and energy to produce.
All of Aveo's contact lenses are FDA approved. Happy eyes are possible with these easy steps: contact lens wearers simply enter their prescription or take Aveo's FreshRx online vision test, automatically receive a complimentary shipment of 30 pairs upon start of the subscription and are able to customize their delivery schedule—changing, snoozing or canceling membership anytime.
About Aveo Vision
Founded in 2018, Aveo Vision is the only subscription-based direct-to-consumer daily contact lens company that is vertically integrated, owning both the manufacturing and distribution of all Aveo lenses. Aveo's mission is to make better eye health accessible to everyone, by offering affordable all-day-comfortable contacts with advanced technology, produced as sustainably as possible. Aveo exists because you deserve happy eyes. Aveo Vision offers Aveo Hello (daily contacts to correct common vision problems like nearsightedness and farsightedness) and Aveo Joy (the first direct-to-consumer daily toric contacts to correct nearsightedness and farsightedness as well as astigmatism).
SOURCE Aveo Vision