HERZOGENAURACH, Germany, Jan. 5, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Schaeffler, a global automotive and industrial supplier, will demonstrate its Mobility for Tomorrow vision specific to the North American automotive industry during its press conference and at its technology exhibits at the 2017 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) next week. As an event sponsor for the 11th year, Schaeffler will use NAIAS as a platform to announce its market-specific plans and products, as well as showcase two of its vehicle concepts.
At the press event on Monday, Jan. 9 at 7:05 a.m., Schaeffler will discuss the company's In the Region, For the Region motto that has fostered technologies targeted specifically to the North American auto market, including its:
- Vision for Mobility for Tomorrow and its focus on four main areas: eco-friendly drives; urban mobility; interurban mobility; and energy chains;
- Anticipated 2017 global and North American growth and production plans; and
- Current and future e-mobility strategy.
To demonstrate its Mobility for Tomorrow products and concepts, Schaeffler will host two NAIAS exhibits for media and invited guests: a Technology Suite in the Ambassador Ballroom (room 360 on third level) and an AutoMobili-D exhibit in the Cobo Center Atrium. At these exhibits, Schaeffler will show:
- Its Bio-Hybrid concept that is positioned very close to a bicycle, but eliminates the fundamental disadvantages of bikes, such as no weather protection and limited stowage space;
- The "Schaeffler High Performance 48 Volt" display with technology that closes the gap between standard 48 volt systems and high voltage hybrid drives. The concept has an electric rear axle that supplements the front axle drive comprised of a conventional internal combustion engine and belt-driven 48 volt starter generator; and
- New internal combustion engine, hybridization and electric vehicle technologies that connect current products to future trends.
As part of the AutoMobili-D exhibition, Jeff Hemphill, chief technical officer, Americas, will participate in an e-mobility panel discussion at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 11 on the Atrium Stage. As part of the discussion, Hemphill will discuss Schaeffler's vision for E-mobility transformation, including its BioHybrid and other concepts and technologies.
NAIAS – one of the world's premier automotive exhibitions – opens to the media and industry officials on Monday, Jan. 9. It will open to the public from Saturday, Jan. 14 through Sunday, Jan. 22. For more information, please visit: www.naias.com.
The Schaeffler Group is one of the world's leading integrated automotive and industrial suppliers. The company stands for the highest quality, outstanding technology, and strong innovative ability. The Schaeffler Group makes a decisive contribution to "Mobility for tomorrow" with high-precision components and systems in engine, transmission, and chassis applications as well as rolling and plain bearing solutions for a large number of industrial applications. The technology company generated sales of approximately 13.2 billion euros in 2015. With around 85,000 employees, Schaeffler is one of the world's largest companies in family ownership. It has a worldwide network of manufacturing locations, research and development facilities, and sales companies at approximately 170 locations in over 50 countries.
Schaeffler is a recognized development partner for global automakers and suppliers. To serve the North American automotive market, Schaeffler operates development centers in: Troy, Mich.; Fort Mill, S.C.; Wooster, Ohio; and Puebla, Mexico. The company's 600 North American engineers and technicians, who are supported by a team of more than 6,700 global R&D engineers, drive development in the region by utilizing state-of-the-art test and measurement equipment, computational tools and CAD systems. Schaeffler Automotive has headquarters in Fort Mill and manufacturing facilities in: South Carolina; Missouri; Ohio; Ontario, Canada; Puebla and Irapuato, Mexico. For more information, please visit www.schaeffler.us.
Follow us on Twitter @schaefflergroup to get all of our latest press releases and news.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/schaeffler-demonstrates-mobility-for-tomorrow-at-2017-north-american-international-auto-show-press-conference-and-automobili-d-exhibit-300386647.html