SAN JOSE, Calif., Dec. 6, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Extreme Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ: EXTR) today announced that its complete, end-to-end wired and wireless networking portfolio is supporting a growing number of new education customers in both higher education and K-12, closing out the 2017 calendar year strong. New wins include Le Jardin Academy, McMinn County School System, San Diego Community College and Nazareth College. Customers are choosing Extreme over other vendors to solve 1:1 online learning initiatives, AI/VR use, BYOD, shared resources and on-campus surveillance that require a reliable yet cost-effective wireless connection – all in an effort to support a collaborative digital learning environment in today's classrooms.
The momentum within the education vertical comes at the time when Extreme has positioned itself as the third largest enterprise networking company in the industry by completing its third in a series of acquisitions this past year, including Brocade's data center business, Avaya networking and Zebra's WLAN business. The newly acquired technology offers customers an enhanced portfolio and allows Extreme to expand its reach to new universities and schools in 2018. At the same time, Extreme will be able to continually deliver solutions from the data center to the wireless edge that satisfy customers' immediate connectivity needs while supporting their future endeavors in embracing emerging education technology trends.
- Le Jardin Academy: By deploying a cloud-managed networking solution, the academy was able to save time and money in managing the network while also increasing bandwidth to support BYOD and 1:1 Chromebook programs. The schools' network now has a 99 percent uptime, significantly improving Internet connections for a nearly unlimited number of devices throughout each building.
- McMinn County School System: McMinn decided to go all purple, deploying a completely new end-to-end networking solution and in turn, improving wireless network performance by 97 percent. Using ExtremeManagement™ and ExtremeAnalytics™, McMinn can track and support more users per access point and identify which applications need better connections. Additionally, by achieving seamless AP-to-AP roaming, the school has increased throughput and Wi-Fi access to about 70 percent.
- San Diego Community College: The installation of ExtremeWireless™ and over 600 Wi-Fi access points across three campuses has allowed San Diego to provide seamless indoor and outdoor wireless coverage to over 30,000 students at any given time on each campus. The college can now support BYOD and real-time video streaming while also looking to future investments in video surveillance and virtual reality.
- Nazareth College: With an entirely new, unified network – including Extreme's core switching and routing, edge switching and wireless – Nazareth's network is more predictable and resilient. Access has increased in many areas of campus to 40G and the network is now able to handle a large amount of multicast and IPV6 traffic generated by connected devices, therefore creating a seamless and positive end user experience for faculty and students.
Bob Nilsson, Director of Solutions Marketing, Extreme Networks, Inc.
"Connectivity has become a utility for our K-12 and higher education customers in that it's required to support BYOD, 1:1, live-streaming and now augmented and virtual reality on today's campuses. Our continued success in winning new business is a testament to the quality and design of our solutions and forward-thinking approach to getting ahead of edtech trends. Now with our recent acquisitions, we're armed with an even more robust end-to-end networking portfolio to meet our customers' needs."
Melissa Handy, Director of Education Technology, Le Jardin Academy
"When looking to upgrade our infrastructure, we were concerned about spending too many resources on infrastructure and not enough on education technology. Extreme provided us with a reliable network that allowed us to save money by moving from an on-premise solution to a cloud-managed network. As a result, we've been able to manage network activity efficiently while spending more money and precious time in the classroom on education technology."
Jill Pierce, Chief Technology Officer, McMinn County School System
"In just one month of installing Extreme's full solution, we saw immediate improvement in connections, accessibility and reliability. Not only have we reduced Wi-Fi connectivity issues, we've increased throughput. This has allowed us to provide a reliable network that increases student and teacher productivity while minimizing network downtime. We're now able to support over 48 1:1 digital learning initiatives across our school system, therefore putting more of our focus on the students versus the bottlenecks."
Donald Bertram, Director of Information Technology, San Diego Community College
"We consider Extreme more than just a vendor – they are an integral part of our community. With their help in deploying a completely new wireless infrastructure including a centralized management dashboard, our small IT staff is able to manage and cover the sheer mass of end users across three different campuses with ease."
Vince Anderson, Director of Enterprise and Network Solutions, Nazareth College
"Having a homogenous environment made up of Extreme's full suite of solutions has made supporting the environment much easier. Connectivity is no longer an issue and we have nearly ousted delays or surprises on the network. This is due to the single pane of glass interface in addition to the superior services and support the Extreme team has provided us during the installation process and beyond."
- Le Jardin Academy Case Study
- McMinn County School System Case Study
- San Diego Community College Case Study
- Nazareth College Case Study
- K-12 Solutions Webpage
- Higher Ed Solutions Webpage
- Connect with Extreme via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and Google+
About Extreme Networks
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) delivers software-driven networking solutions that help IT departments everywhere deliver the ultimate business outcome: stronger connections with customers, partners and employees. Wired to wireless, desktop to data center, on premise or through the cloud, we go to extreme measures for our customers in more than 80 countries, delivering 100% insourced call-in technical support to organizations large and small, including some of the world's leading names in business, hospitality, retail, transportation and logistics, education, government, healthcare and manufacturing. Founded in 1996, Extreme is headquartered in San Jose, California. For more information, visit Extreme's website or call 1-888-257-3000.
Extreme Networks, ExtremeWireless, ExtremeManagement, ExtremeAnalytics, ExtremeControl, ExtremeSwitching, ExtremeCloud and the Extreme Networks logo are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Extreme Networks, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Forward Looking Statements
Except for the historical information contained herein, the statements in this release, including those concerning Extreme's momentum within the education sector, customers wins, relationships with Le Jardin Academy, McMinn County School System, San Diego Community College and Nazareth College, recent acquisitions and education solutions are "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the "safe harbor" provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements speak only as of the date of this release. Actual results or events could differ materially from those anticipated in those forward-looking statements as a result of certain factors, including: our ability to successfully integrate the Brocade networking business into the current Extreme business; failure to achieve targeted revenues and forecasted demand from end customers; a highly competitive business environment for network switching equipment; the possibility that we might experience delays in the development or introduction of new technology and products; customer response to our new technology and products; and a dependency on third parties for certain components and for the manufacturing of our products.
More information about potential factors that could affect Extreme's business and financial results is included in Extreme's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, including, without limitation, under the captions: "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations," and "Risk Factors." Except as required under the U.S. federal securities laws and the rules and regulations of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, Extreme Networks disclaims any obligation to update any forward-looking statements after the date of this release, whether as a result of new information, future events, developments, changes in assumptions or otherwise.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/schools-and-universities-continue-to-choose-extreme-networks-to-support-byod-virtual-reality-and-11-learning-initiatives-300567432.html
SOURCE Extreme Networks, Inc.