SAN FRANCISCO, April 16, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Scribd, the leading subscription reading service, today announced that it is expanding its audiobook offering to include more than 9,000 audiobooks from Penguin Random House Audio, increasing Scribd's audiobook selection to more than 45,000 titles. New titles include fiction and non-fiction by internationally renowned authors such as Alice Munro, Lee Child, Harlan Coben, Anne Rice, Sue Grafton, Deepak Chopra, Danielle Steele and more. Scribd is the only unlimited subscription service to include unlimited access to more than one million e-books, audiobooks, and comics, all for $8.99 per month.
The deal brings Penguin Random House Audio's titles to Scribd, including bestsellers such as The Girl on the Train, Fifty Shades of Grey, Gone Girl, Wild, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, and A Game of Thrones; award-winning recordings such as Bill Clinton's My Life narrated by the former president, John Grisham's Runaway Jury narrated by Michael Beck, Kathryn Stockett's The Help narrated by Jenna Lamia, Octavia Spencer, Bahni Turpin, and Cassandra Campbell; and renowned narrators including Christopher Plummer, Diane Keaton, Barbara Walters, Kate Winslet, and more.
"Penguin Random House Audio is one of the world's most admired publishers, and we are excited to work with them to expand the potential audience for audiobooks by putting thousands of their amazing titles at readers' fingertips," said Trip Adler, co-founder and CEO of Scribd. "Since we launched audiobooks last fall, reading time on Scribd has doubled. This is great news for Scribd and for our publishing partners."
To celebrate the addition of Penguin Random House Audio, Scribd's editorial staff has created dozens of new collections to highlight key titles.
- Political Heavyweights Read Their Memoirs, featuring: My Life by Bill Clinton; Dreams from My Father by Barack Obama; 41 by George W. Bush; A Journey by Tony Blair; Faith of My Fathers by John McCain; My American Journey by Colin Powell; and more
- Beloved Children's and YA titles, featuring: Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret by Judy Blume; A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle; The Golden Compass by Phillip Pullman; The Maze Runner by James Dasher; and more
- Blockbuster Listening, featuring: Fifty Shades of Grey by E L James; Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand; The Book Thief by Markus Zusak; The Blind Side by Michael Lewis; Bridget Jones's Diary by Helen Fielding; Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert; Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn; The Help by Kathryn Stockett; Up in the Air by Walter Kirn; Precious by Sapphire; The Wolf of Wall Street by Jordan Belfort; and more
- Sports Memoirs, featuring: Shooting Stars by LeBron James; The Last Season by Phil Jackson; The Winning Spirit by Joe Montana; Fair Ball by Bob Costas; and more
- Slicing & Dicing: Chefs' Memoirs to Listen to While You Cook – Yes, Chef by Marcus Samuelsson; Sous Chef by Michael Gibney; Mastering the Art of Soviet Cooking by Anya Von Bremzen; and more
Scribd continues to partner with Findaway, a leading provider of digital audiobooks and technology solutions, to power its audiobook offering. Scribd audiobooks, in addition to e-books and comics, are available now to subscribers on iOS, Android, Kindle Fire, Nook tablets, and webenabled browsers. To enjoy Penguin Random House audiobooks on Scribd visit www.scribd.com/penguin-random-house.
Scribd is the premier subscription book service with more than a million e-books, audiobooks and comics including New York Times bestsellers, Pulitzer Prize winners and reader favorites across every genre. Launched in 2007 by founders Trip Adler and Jared Friedman and backed by Y Combinator, Charles River Ventures, Redpoint Ventures and Khosla Ventures, Scribd is one of the most influential websites in the world. It is available in nearly every country, featuring 62MM documents in +80 languages.
For more information, please visit www.scribd.com.